View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skonn
Fleet Council

Awarded:

re: So what is Book Club, anyway??

Many a fleetie might have asked themselves this question, especially the newest members (welcome!!)

Just what is this "Book club", "Monday Night Book Club", "Not a Book Club"???

Book Club is when we get together (on Monday nights, at 8-9 PM EST on Mumble) to discuss Trek episodes. We post a list of the episodes we'll be watching on the "Not a Book Club" Thread:

http://tosfleet.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8303014&start=105&gid=205090

To give people time to break out their DVDs, or check them out via Netflix, CBS.com, or any other medium they prefer.

What episodes do we watch? Any and all Trek is fair game! We try to keep it varied, and switch back between all series. We also usually pick a theme for the week and take episodes from more than one series that fit the theme. Past themes include:

Romulans
Klingons
Ships
Mirror Universe
Borg in Voyager
Batman's influence in Trek
And many more!

Suggestions are always welcome.

Do you need to know every episode inside-out to join us? Not at all! If you want to have a good time, enjoy talking about the show, or are amused by nerdrage and occasional quibbling about plot points, this is the night for you!

We'll pick up next week (Monday 29th) with the episodes posted on the thread (TOS characters in later series). Hope to see you all there!

mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

I have to say that when Skonn first started this I was not sure if it would fly. Then I started watching the three episodes he posted and started to get really excited about them. I figured even if it was a couple of us it would be fun. I think there were 10-15 of us on there the first 3 Not a Book Club meetings and they were fantastic! I really enjoyed hearing the excitement in everyone’s voice as they spouted off their best memories as we discussed our favourite shows.

This one Fleet Night set the TOS Veterans away from all of the other nameless fleets out there and made us exactly what we had hoped, a social fleet that loves everything Star Trek.

If you have a moment on Monday night please make sure you have mumble set up and come on and try to get a word in edgewise. (Actually people in there are very respectful of others)

Great work with this Skonn! Everyone else get ready for Monday night!

Awarded:

I'd like to thank the Fleet Council for always being so supportive of this event, going as far as setting a special night apart for it.

These Book Club nights aren't a contest to see who can out-geek or out-trivia each other... we don't break out into arguments over whether the deflector dish's circumference is 15 or 15.7 meters, or anything of the sort... as Mark has put it, it's a place where we can be social and share our love for the series, whichever series that might be (because even the Animated Series get some love from time to time!)

We don't always like the same things, but that variety is what makes our conversations interesting Happy If you're even curious about it, I cordially invite you to give it a try!

See you all Monday at 8 EST!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: