View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan West
-Protector-
Fleet Council

Awarded:

re: Minor PvP Changes on Tribble

PVP:

• All PvP Queues have been re-structured into All vs. All queues. 
  • A new Space Arena PvP Queue has been added for unteamed players only. 
  • This Unteamed Only queue will not allow premade teams to queue together.
  • This provides all participants with a level playing field in terms of teamwork and coordination.

Full notes here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1063671

re: Re: Minor PvP Changes on Tribble

-Protector- wrote:

PVP:

• All PvP Queues have been re-structured into All vs. All queues. 
  • A new Space Arena PvP Queue has been added for unteamed players only. 
  • This Unteamed Only queue will not allow premade teams to queue together.
  • This provides all participants with a level playing field in terms of teamwork and coordination.

Full notes here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1063671

Wow - just when I thought Cryptic couldn't make STO PvP worse then it is now, they manage to in style. If this change doesn't kill off what remains of the more hardcore PvP crowd, I'll be really surprised.

I think what we, and all pre made pvp will have to do, is announce when our fleet is queuing up in OPVP channel.

Richard Silk
Stuart (speedofheat)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Well no, even if lets say there are only 10 people in the queue, and 5 of them are vets, there is no guarantee we will all be on the same team...

Awarded:

Also, I think the goal is a fine one, its just a lousy way of achieving it, some people want to do pug only PvP, understand I think these people are mad, but ok.  the problem would have been better resolved in a similar way to STF's e.g. offer Public and private queues... the private queues being for teams, of any size and the being random. The challenge I guess is with the overall popularity of PvP, and some of that comes from groups like us, who will faceroll a pug team, no matter how sportsman like we play, that's just not fun to be on the receiving side of... consistently... now the question is will this make PvP more popular or less.... dunno...but they are trying something different...

Awarded:

Also, I think the goal is a fine one, its just a lousy way of achieving it, some people want to do pug only PvP, understand I think these people are mad, but ok.  the problem would have been better resolved in a similar way to STF's e.g. offer Public and private queues... the private queues being for teams, of any size and the being random. The challenge I guess is with the overall popularity of PvP, and some of that comes from groups like us, who will faceroll a pug team, no matter how sportsman like we play, that's just not fun to be on the receiving side of... consistently... now the question is will this make PvP more popular or less.... dunno...but they are trying something different...

Jump to: