View previous topic :: View next topic  
JayPHailey
Captain

re: "Delta Rising"

Has anyone heard any detail?

New level cap at 60 and new ships.  Yay!  Because I totally spent money on a Odyssey and a Refit Galaxy to have them left behind.

Jay

Bottle0rum
Captain

Nothing concrete other than the level cap increase I'm afraid. I just hope they don't forget about adding secondary deflectors to science vessels. At the very least make all the new science ships have them.

Talia_Rachel
Captain

Awarded:

re: Delta Rising

In Delta Rising, enterprising captains are sent to explore the Delta Quadrant, joining forces with and opposing the efforts of well-known species seen on Star Trek: Voyager, such as the Talaxians, the Ocampa, the Kazon, as well as lesser known species. A lot has changed in these sectors in the 30 years since Kathryn Janeway captained the Voyager through this region of space. With a portal recently discovered within the Dyson sphere providing a quick path to the quadrant, many vessels are being sent to explore the region.

The expansion features a level cap increase to 60, the first level cap increase in over four years. As captains progress past level 50, they are allowed to train in specializations, picking up additional skills to broaden their capabilities. The areas of specialization, and how captains progress in them will be revealed in future postings as we work our way toward the expansion launch in October of this year.

The year 2410 also brings with it new technology. The Federation, the Klingon Empire, and the Romulan Republic have been learning from the many foes they have faced, and have developed new series of starships, more powerful than ever before. These ships have new capabilities not seen before, including innovations in bridge officer seating. Briefings on these new vessels will be released in the coming weeks.

Also a new event called “Neelix’s restaurant at the end  of the universe.” Sponsored by Q. Captains will earn Neelix beans by undertaking tasks such as :-

Pancake racing (running around a track while keeping your pancake in its cooking device)

An hourly PVE game of mashed potato fighting, were players throw pre formed spheres of mashed potato at the mashed potato king.  Or potato guns and mortars can be bought for Neelix beans.

Smoothie Neelix – Collect fruits, veg and spices, then combined them in the blender with a Neelix clone to make new treats for your crew.

Finally you can exchange 1000 Neelix beans for new ship https://www.flickr.com/photos/ape_piaggio/4554129497/

Okay so I might have got carried away and invented the Neelix stuff.

Captain

Bottle0rum wrote:

Nothing concrete other than the level cap increase I'm afraid. I just hope they don't forget about adding secondary deflectors to science vessels. At the very least make all the new science ships have them.

I think this was asked during STLV and the dev reply is that they are on the development list but keep getting bumped for more important things like crafting and Delta Rising. 

I think you can hear it in the Q&A part of the PriorityOne podcast from the convention. 

JayPHailey
Captain

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007783

Excitement Around Delta Rising

By LaughingTrendy Fri 08 Aug 2014 12:00:00 PM PDT

It has been fantastic to see the community’s interest in our announcement of Delta Rising!  This expansion includes our first level cap increase in four years, and the players have many questions about how these changes will affect them.

As with any level cap increase in an MMORPG, there are going to be increases in and shifts in power levels in the game.  One of the most notable changes in this expansion is the introduction of a new tier of starships, commonly known as Tier 6 because our previous top end starships were Tier 5.  The big question everyone is asking is: What does this mean to my existing Tier 5 ships?

Developing starships takes a lot of dev effort, so Delta Rising is going to include between 7 and 10 new Tier 6 ships at launch, spanning all three factions.  This is nowhere near enough breadth in starships to satisfy the player demand, and we know our players love the ships they are already flying.  With this in mind, we are dedicated to making sure that players can continue flying the ships they love and still have those ships be competitive at the new level 60 end game.  We do not want players to feel that their investment in the current ships is devalued by the expansion, and this is a very challenging thing to do for a game with four years of history since the last level cap increase.

While we have a detailed plan, we still have plenty of testing to do. There is a lot that can change as we implement and test our plan. We expect to be ready to share full details on the starships within the coming three weeks. Players will also be able to experience the new changes on Tribble soon, and will be able to provide feedback to help us tune and adjust the systems for many weeks prior to actual release.

On the road to the release of Delta Rising in October, we will be sharing almost everything about the expansion both in official developer blogs and on our public test shard, Tribble.  The only information we plan to hold back is the story, which we will do to avoid spoiling the narrative for those who prefer to wait for the release and experience it themselves.  We have a lot of amazing things on the horizon, so we’re really excited to share them with you as they’re ready.

The Delta Quadrant is a thrilling and dangerous place, and we look forward to opening it up to all you Federation, Klingon, and Romulan Captains.  This is definitely some of the best work the Star Trek Online team has ever produced and you’re going to love it!

Stephen D’Angelo

Executive Producer

Star Trek Online

JayPHailey
Captain

With this in mind, we are dedicated to making sure that players can continue flying the ships they love and still have those ships be competitive at the new level 60 end game.  We do not want players to feel that their investment in the current ships is devalued by the expansion, and this is a very challenging thing to do for a game with four years of history since the last level cap increase.

If this were politics - I'd say that this meant roughly the opposite of the claim.  Tier 5 ships will not be competititve, and getting to be competitive in lvl 60 will take a whole new round of purchases and grinding, that will obviate the prior builds and efforts.

But Game dev isn't politics, is it?

Jay

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: