View previous topic :: View next topic  
DustyAce
Captain

re: Sector Space - Revamp!

Official link : Sector Space Revamp

Fri 27 Feb 2015 02:00:00 PM PST

Devs announced they rearranged everything to fix stars and systems to StarTrek's cannon maps, as was Star Trek: Star Charts by Geoffrey Mandel for example, between other sources, Memory Alpha, etc.

All this new suff is running in Tribble server, case anyone wish to give it a try right now.

Since most of the old stuff remains, position/location and "size" change a lot, specialy about scale.

Space was divided in 3 maps, Alpha, Beta and Delta (method to jump into Delta quadrant remains).

Everything, or almost, will be moved to their canon quadrant and sector.

The grid will shows light years.  Each major line is 1 light year from the last. Each sector is 20 light years across (as per canon, and the Star Charts book).

Doffing system remains as used to be, but Tour of the Galaxy was changed.

Transwarp is changed and i still dont get it well, so i'l tell once i try this new stuff.
Our diplomacy/marauding point to point transwarp remains.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=22548361#post22548361

Forum game, where this is being discussed actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYNhE-Fc7-U

This youtube video shows how this looks in Tribble server... seems interesting.

New galaxy map.

New scale for Planetary Systems

Tannlore
Captain

I flew around on tribble and I have to say... wow. I really can't wait for this change to go through. I really recommend people going there to check it out and fly around. It's a lot of fun.

Vexashen
Vexashen
Fleet Council

Awarded:

If only they would add content and fix balance issues.

Awarded:

Vex, I know you wrote words, but I don't understand them :)

Vexashen wrote:

If only they would add content and fix balance issues.

News i picked up from massively .. and remembered me this post so... goodbye blue sky

http://massivelyop.net/2015/03/17/cryptic-layoffs-alone-totaled-18-people/

Massively OP has been contacted by a Cryptic employee — who wishes to remain anonymous and whose identity we have confirmed — about the Perfect World/Cryptic layoffs yesterday that one former PWE staffer called a “slaughter.”

Our source tells us that 18 people were let go from Cryptic itself, approximately 14% of the studio. Half of those were Neverwinter staff, evening out the Neverwinter and Star Trek Online teams (we do know some STO staff, including former City of Heroes lead designer Matt Miller and the game’s community manager, were among those let go). The source believes the PWE Redwood Shores offices were hit significantly harder; our source reluctantly agreed that “yes, PWE is mostly to blame” for the debacle.

MMORPG fans will recall that Cryptic has pulled at least one developer from live projects to work on unannounced games. Those projects will continue: “The secret projects are unaffected,” says our source. “They’re a big focus for the company moving forward.”

Champions Online “is being left to chug along,” our source says. “It doesn’t take much to keep it afloat.” So there’s that.

“There’s an understandably somber attitude around here, but we’re trucking along,” our source concluded. “That’s to be expected when you’re pulled into an ‘impromptu company meeting’ by an email from the CEO the previous day.”

We’d like to thank our source for speaking with us and extend our sympathies to all of those affected by the layoffs. PWE has not yet responded to our requests, although we concede it’s possible that the standard PR rep is no longer with the company as of yesterday.

Vexashen
Vexashen
Fleet Council

Awarded:

DOOOOOOOM

DOOOOOOOOOOM

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Any updates about life at PWE?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: