View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Skonn
Fleet Council

Awarded:

re: TOS expansion

This may not be news to those that play regularly, but we're getting a Delta recruit-like TOS expansion. Go on. Go take a look:

You know you want to

The good and the bad? 

A slew of new TOS looking ships...

But none are T6... screw your T6 Connie, fangirls

New TOS era visuals for Andorians, Tellarites, the EV suits (not listed, but in the picture gallery) and Sarek's Vulcan Ambassador costume. (they call him "Serak" ffs) 

Diddly SQUAT for the KDF. No ships is tolerable, but they gave a visual update to the frickin TELLARITES and not the Gorn? COME ON! They could've at least made the female TOS Klingon uniform. And they didn't bother to complete the TOS mirror uniform either. 

All-new TOS themed content so you can frolic around in your spiffy new ships

But all signs indicate you'll have to roll a new toon to get through it. 

If all the stupidly expensive lockbox traits/ships and reps were account bound I'd consider it. As is? I am NOT remaking Skonn. Bad enough as it is already -_- 

Then again, if some of you are willing to slog through it with me, I might be tempted into finally rolling a Fed Tac. And get him to 60 (ugh) I'll just make peace with the fact that he won't be PvP material

In essence, this is such a nice idea... with a half-assed execution, as always. And since this game is a hole I've thrown money into, might as well :P It's TOS content, I want them to get the RIGHT idea and put more TOS stuff in. Won't be able to pay for it until next week though.

So those are crotchety old Skonn's ramblings. What do YOU think??  

Last edited by Skonn on 2016/06/06 5:17:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Skonn
Fleet Council

Awarded:

It's official, folks:

I spy a TOS Gorn. Hope we get it as a usable skin somehow.

And this video just reminds me how bad the STO theme is. Get a new one already!

Morgan West
-Protector-
Fleet Council

Awarded:

I'm quite excited and will have the money this week to get it. I think we'll be surprised as to the "extras" beyond the actual pack since they did add ships and such after the Delta Rising and Legacy of Romulus stuff launched.

Awarded:

So will we be able to use our STO Subscriptions or is it a new free to play system where we will need to cough up more money? Need I ask?

I actually quite pleased at this announcement and will make a new character to play it (I'm assuming the tutorial and starting missions will be different and set in the TOS era from what I've read, but we'll see.)

Although I AM miffed we DON'T (so far) get a Connie above T1 still. 

mark (James Bailey) wrote:

So will we be able to use our STO Subscriptions or is it a new free to play system where we will need to cough up more money? Need I ask?

This is an STO game expansion like the previous ones - IE it's a free addon that is patched in when they release it. The only thing you need is an open character slot to make a new character in the 'TOS era' faction.

Awarded:

Okay while it doesn't look like we'll be able to use the Connie skin on a T6 ship (yet) all the other TOS skins (new ones) from t2 on through t5 can be used on the T6 Temporal versions:

https://twitter.com/Salami_Inferno/status/728312926054932480

So the T6 Paladin will be able to use the T5 Ranger skin and so on. 

Not a T5/T6 connie, but still...

Awarded:

-Protector- wrote:

Okay while it doesn't look like we'll be able to use the Connie skin on a T6 ship (yet) all the other TOS skins (new ones) from t2 on through t5 can be used on the T6 Temporal versions:

https://twitter.com/Salami_Inferno/status/728312926054932480

So the T6 Paladin will be able to use the T5 Ranger skin and so on. 

Not a T5/T6 connie, but still...

I hope it's true, I LOVE the Gemini and Ranger skins... BUT they DID promise we could use the T'Liss skin on the T6 T'Varo... then they said fleet only... then they backpedaled altogether -_- Fingers crossed though

bill kaz
Captain

re: Re: TOS expansion

Diddly SQUAT for the KDF. No ships is tolerable, but they gave a visual update to the frickin TELLARITES and not the Gorn? COME ON! They could've at least made the female TOS Klingon uniform. And they didn't bother to complete the TOS mirror uniform either. 

But all signs indicate you'll have to roll a new toon to get through it. 

If all the stupidly expensive lockbox traits/ships and reps were account bound I'd consider it. As is? I am NOT remaking Skonn. Bad enough as it is already -_- 

Then again, if some of you are willing to slog through it with me, I might be tempted into finally rolling a Fed Tac. And get him to 60 (ugh) I'll just make peace with the fact that he won't be PvP material

In essence, this is such a nice idea... with a half-assed execution, as always. And since this game is a hole I've thrown money into, might as well :P It's TOS content, I want them to get the RIGHT idea and out more in. Won't be able to pay for it until next week though.

So those are crotchety old Skonn's ramblings. What do YOU think??  

I'm a little disappointed with the lack of KDF or ROM content, but remain hopeful that something will come out later on. T6 Vorcha?

But the Ranger skin...yep rolling a new Fed toon. Likely a tac. I'm going to wait and see about the agent pack though. Seems like a bit of a waste springing for a lower tier ship that you only use for a day or so. 

Morgan West
-Protector-
Fleet Council

Awarded:

bill kaz wrote:

I'm a little disappointed with the lack of KDF or ROM content, but remain hopeful that something will come out later on. T6 Vorcha?

But the Ranger skin...yep rolling a new Fed toon. Likely a tac. I'm going to wait and see about the agent pack though. Seems like a bit of a waste springing for a lower tier ship that you only use for a day or so. 

Here's the thing about that -- as I mentioned above is you have the TOS ships you can use the skins on the T6 ships in the pack. Therefore no waste. It's really a great way to do it.

-Protector- wrote:
bill kaz wrote:

But the Ranger skin...yep rolling a new Fed toon. Likely a tac. I'm going to wait and see about the agent pack though. Seems like a it of a waste springing for a lower tier ship that you only use for a day or so. 

Here's the thing about that -- as I mentioned above is you have the TOS ships you can use the skins on the T6 ships in the pack. Therefore no waste. It's really a great way to do it.

Not sure how I missed that. I withdraw my previous concerns. 

Richard Silk
Stuart (speedofheat)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

so if the content is accessible by my existing toons then I am interested in this, if I have to roll another toon to get to the content I'm also OK with it ... but if my existing toon has no way of getting to the new content then ... less than interested

Bottle0rum
Captain

Stuart (speedofheat) wrote:

so if the content is accessible by my existing toons then I am interested in this, if I have to roll another toon to get to the content I'm also OK with it ... but if my existing toon has no way of getting to the new content then ... less than interested

If by "content" you mean new TOS based missions, by the sounds of the announcement it seems to be along the lines of a separate "faction" like the Romulans. Meaning in order to play it you'd have to create a new character, and it's altogether possible that the new ships, excepting the T6 ones, are available to those characters only.

Morgan West
-Protector-
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Priority One's podcast were able to interview STO's Lead Designer Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera last Saturday to talk about the 3rd expansion to the game. Click on either of the following links to listen to this interview.

STO Forum Post: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1215176/podcast-priority-one-podcast-269-agents-of-yesterday-with-al-rivera

P1 Website Link: http://priorityonepodcast.com/po269/

The chat with Geko starts at the 17 minute mark if anybody wants to just listen for themselves.

* It's kinda-sorta like a new "Faction".

* An "Expansion" has a lot more stuff than a "Season".

* New stuff all over the place in AoY.

* All new TOS Ships (plural).

* All New Characters start in the TOS era like a new faction.

* Kinda takes place just after the years of the Animated series.

* Picks up at the year 2270.

* "Future Proof" arc is the beginning of this expansion. (separate but interconnected)

* Nakul still involved.

* At least a new faction as the Romulan one was.

* TOS "Faction" will have it's own Tutorial, Story Arc, the Federation from 2270, own Quadrant, Own Sector blocks.

* Everyone will be able to have access to it.

* Expect to see other Actors "joining the game" beside Koenig and Chris Doohan.

(he didn't want to ruin the surprise announcements)

* Several other's coming, Chase will be back also.

* Been planning this for over a year - since Season 9.5

* Story will make sense, characters not just squeezed in.

* Trailer has clues to what's coming.

* Hard to pick certain stuff from TOS because there is so much to use.

* [i:728f2120d1]Vasquez Rock[/i:728f2120d1] IS going to be available to see and experience.

* TOS 2270 Federation Factions will be included.

* No Cardassians.

* Can't play as a Klingon or Romulan in this "faction".

* No "separate" playability for them.

* They were not a member of the Federation during that time period.

* Lots of Blogs and specific details are forthcoming.

* Watch the TRIBBLE server for "some" of the things to come.

* Blogs will be at least twice a week if not more.

* This is not a "separate game" it does eventually tie back to the existing game.

* They thought about making a separate TOS game but decided since STO was doing so well it wouldn't be practical.

* Didn't want to split the STO community.

* New Fleet Holdings... not at this time. (They are working on one though)

* New Temporal Agent Bridge Officers.

* Described the "Temporal Back-step Power", (can be used on all Temporal starships)

* Talked about the two new Temporal Agent Packs.

* 11 ships in the large pack.

* TOS skins can be used on their 26th century counterparts.

* "Federation Faction" players will be able to use TOS ships.

Cribbed from STO forumite: DavyNY

Awarded:

thanks Albert!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: