View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard Trent
STO_Armsman
Commodore

re: Dev Comfirmed:STO Console Players WILL be on Separate Server

STO Producer Zeronious Rex confirmed that STO players playing via a XBox/XBOne/PS4 Console will be playing on separate servers (and a different version of the game) from PC players. For example the Console version WILL NOT have the "Agents of Yesterday" expansion content available when it launches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXgvNUizS5Q

Her comments on the situation start at 01:27:07 in the linked interview above. The reason: Sony and Microsoft's certification process that ANY patch to their console has to go through. She said if they conformed all the versions, PC players would end up waiting weeks between patches - and they don't want to hold up content development like that for the PC players who are used to a faster turnaround.

Basically, the main STO Dev team will develop stuff for the PC version first; then it will be ported/added to the Console versions of the game.  Also, the graphics revamp across the board will in fact RAISE the minimum hardware requirements for the PC version of STO - so if anyone is playing the game with the current minimum (or slightly below minimum) spec'd hardware; you MIGHT NOT be able to play the PC version until you upgrade to at least the new minimum specs. 

^^^^

The comments regarding the minimum spec hardware req's raise was made prior to the time mark I gave above BTW.

re: Dev Comfirmed:STO Console Players WILL be on Separate Server

So basically what you're saying is that console players will be separated because the STO dev team can't be bothered to actually test their patches before pushing them out because they believe that broken content is better than late content. Stupid devs. I really think I should just change my sig to "Stupid devs".

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: