Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Captain's Quarters (Character Bios)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan West
-Protector-
Fleet Council

Awarded:

re: In like West

Soloman, Alexander the Great, Merlin, Leonardo da Vinci, Johannes Brahms, Abramson, Brack. These were the aliases of the man known to Starfleet as Flint. He was an immortal, born on Earth over 6,000 years ago. He lost his immortality when he left Earth for the stars, something about leaving his homeworld changed him and he passed on in the early days of the 24th Century. It is surmised that he was unique, a mutation, one of a kind.

But suppose he wasn't...?

Khan Noonien Singh was the most prominent of the genetically-engineered Human augments of the late-20th century Eugenics Wars period on Earth, considered even over three centuries later to have been "the best" of them.

But he was not the only one...

In 1963 a child was born in a lab in New Mexico. A product of genetic manipulation, he was an Augment. He had most of the genetic superiority of his fellow augments, but none of the hubris. He did not have the strength and the speed of his fellows, but he did have the intelligence and better yet: He was practically immortal. His name was Morgan West.

Around the early 21st century he was found to be aging inversely. That is, the longer he was alive, the slower his aging was. At thirty years old he was physically 25, at 60, he was 35, at 120, he was 36, and so on. Until now at 447, he is barely 38 years old, physically.

In the early 22nd century, Section 31 discovered the now 189 year old living in seclusion in the Midwest. They approached him, telling him that they had been monitoring him for some time and had a request. They asked that he join the newly formed Starfleet to use his experience and knowledge to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man had gone before. Oh, and to report to them whenever asked.

He agreed.

His first command in 2157, was the U.S.S. Protector NX-06, the 6th ship of the class in the new Starfleet.

His latest Command is the U.S.S. Protector NCC-621128-F An Odyssey-Class Starship. His latest assignment from Section 31 is to help Project Christopher inductees into acclimating into the 2410 starfleet.

In his 260 years in Starfleet, he has gone by many names all of which were created as aliases by Section 31, until he has gone full circle and is now using his original name.

What the future holds he doesn't know, all he does know is that he will be there.

Last edited by -Protector- on 2016/06/17 6:04:11 pm; edited 6 times in total

Awarded:

but wheres the abduction and anal probes? Honestly I like the idea. Instead of being pulled into the future you went about it uh... naturally??? Happy

Awarded:

Marco Ramius wrote:
but wheres the abduction and anal probes? Honestly I like the idea. Instead of being pulled into the future you went about it uh... naturally??? Happy

Maybe a better way to say it, he took the scenic route Happy

I like the bio, West, nice job Happy

Dahar Master Myr'Sendri (KDF main, Tac DPS'er)

Diplomacy is the fine art of saying "Nice Doggy" while finding a big stick....

Illigitimi Non Carborundum!
mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

I LOVE it West! Great way to bring him into the future and I like that he has a few hundred years of knowledge. May help with our Starbase.

I especially like the James (Jimmy) Duggan reference! He is a good man in the 21st Century!

Awarded:

mark (James Bailey) wrote:
I LOVE it West! Great way to bring him into the future and I like that he has a few hundred years of knowledge. May help with our Starbase.

I especially like the James (Jimmy) Duggan reference! He is a good man in the 21st Century!

Thanks! And a side note. Duggan and I know each other IRL. And in 1983(!) we played the FASA Star Trek game together. I played our Captain (Morgan West) and he played the Chief Engineer (Jimmy Duggan). The ship in our Bios is the ship we were on. Happy

I still have the character sheet...

Ah, memories. I collected quite a bit of material for ST:RPG back in the day. I was still on active duty and ST:TNG wasn't out yet.

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Wow .... all these internet images make me wish I still had all this stuff.
Morgan West
-Protector-
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Cpt_Guthrie wrote:
Ah, memories. I collected quite a bit of material for ST:RPG back in the day. I was still on active duty and ST:TNG wasn't out yet.

Mine was this one:

Forum Image

And I bet you didn't have this on the inside cover...

Forum Image

Heh =)

(Sorry about size, taken in bad light with my iPhone)

Now that I recall, I had that version, as well ... sans the autograph. Dammit.

Bought at the base hobby store NAS Memphis.

Dammit.

Melawil
Captain

Awarded:

I had that version, too - also sans autograph, damn you!

Bits of it keep popping into my head when I'm playing STO. The latest bit led to the name of my Fed tac officer's Defiant: USS Loknar.

Amusing thing is, my fencing instructor turns out to have a copy of the game, too. We're all going to play it in July.
Morgan West
-Protector-
Fleet Council

Awarded:

re: Re: In like West

-Protector- wrote:

Soloman, Alexander the Great, Merlin, Leonardo da Vinci, Johannes Brahms, Abramson, Brack. These were the aliases of the man known to Starfleet as Flint. He was an immortal, born on Earth over 6,000 years ago. He lost his immortality when he left Earth for the stars, something about leaving his homeworld changed him and he passed on in the early days of the 24th Century. It is surmised that he was unique, a mutation, one of a kind.

But suppose he wasn't...?

Khan Noonien Singh was the most prominent of the genetically-engineered Human augments of the late-20th century Eugenics Wars period on Earth, considered even over three centuries later to have been "the best" of them.

But he was not the only one...

In 1963 a child was born in a lab in New Mexico. A product of genetic manipulation, he was an Augment. He had most of the genetic superiority of his fellow augments, but none of the hubris. He did not have the strength and the speed of his fellows, but he did have the intelligence and better yet: He was practically immortal. His name was Morgan West.

Around the early 21st century he was found to be aging inversely. That is, the longer he was alive, the slower his aging was. At thirty years old he was physically 25, at 60, he was 35, at 120, he was 36, and so on. Until now at 447, he is barely 38 years old, physically.

In the early 22nd century, Section 31 discovered the now 189 year old living in seclusion in the Midwest. They approached him, telling him that they had been monitoring him for some time and had a request. They asked that he join the newly formed Starfleet to use his experience and knowledge to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man had gone before. Oh, and to report to them whenever asked.

He agreed.

His first command in 2157, was the U.S.S. Protector NX-06, the 6th ship of the class in the new Starfleet.

His latest Command is the U.S.S. Protector NCC-621128-F An Odyssey-Class Starship. His latest assignment from Section 31 is to help Project Christopher inductees into acclimating into the 2410 starfleet.

In his 260 years in Starfleet, he has gone by many names all of which were created as aliases by Section 31, until he has gone full circle and is now using his original name.

What the future holds he doesn't know, all he does know is that he will be there.

Updated original post and quoted it here.

I've always rather liked this bio. I'd forgotten it,somewhat though, til our conversation on that Thursday Connie night. :)

Cpt_Guthrie
Captain

And the 'In like West (Flint)' part is appreciated, as well. 

JayPHailey
Captain

Nice.  TY for posting. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Captain's Quarters (Character Bios) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: