View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard Trent
STO_Armsman
Commodore

re: STO Season 10 Update Goes LIVE Tues. 4/21/15

Link:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9195103-season-10-coming-april-21st%21

Yep Albert (aka Morgan West) called it last night in  Mumble.  I thought it would be a while longer before they pushed it Live, but it seems they're pushing it on Tues. April 21, 2015.

From the Official site:

Season 10 of Star Trek Online begins the conclusion of a conflict that has been brewing in Star Trek Online for more than five years. The newest season reintroduces the Iconians – an ancient race that has remained dormant for years waiting for their time to strike. As the war approaches, new captains will emerge from Delta Recruitment to bolster forces in defense of the galaxy. It is up to Star Trek Online players to push back the forces of the Iconians. If they don’t succeed, there might be no galaxy left to fight for. Captains will be joining forces to fight back the Heralds and the Iconians this coming April 21st, 2015

Check out our latest trailer for Season 10: The Iconian War!

Awarded:

I just read that myself

I gotta say, I am kinda excited for this expansion.  Over the last few seasons and the DR expansion, I really didn't like the way the game was going.  It seemed for a casual player such as myself that all the good gear and traits had been locked behind an endless time-gate or dilithium/zen wall.  After all, I have one job, I don't need another that eats time but doesn't pay me, it makes me pay instead!  I have drifted from game to game since then trying to find something I enjoy as much as STO...to little avail, unfortunately.  

But one thing that has been constant with the releases has been the story.  Even though Star Trek in it's many visual forms has been more about problem solving and people than it has been about blowing up the "enemy of the season", I think the writing in this game has equaled some of the writing of the Star Trek that I have always loved.  There are characters that I like, stories that are engaging and even a bit more of the problem solving that was in the shows.  It really does make the game feel more "Trek" even through all the time-gating and money grabbing by PWE.  I keep coming back for that "Trek" feel of the writing (and for the camaraderie of the fleet...I miss you guys...hehe).

So even though there will be a new rep and I'm sure there will be a new specialization and the newest gotta-have-stuff in the C-Store, I really want to play the stories of this expansion.  They have gotten really really good in my opinion

Qapla'!

Dahar Master Myr'Sendri (KDF main, Tac DPS'er)

Diplomacy is the fine art of saying "Nice Doggy" while finding a big stick....

Illigitimi Non Carborundum!
Morgan West
-Protector-
Fleet Council

Awarded:

re: Re: STO Season 10 Update Goes LIVE Tues. 4/21/15

STO_Armsman wrote:

Link:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9195103-season-10-coming-april-21st%21

Yep Albert (aka Morgan West) called it last night in  Mumble.  I thought it would be a while longer before they pushed it Live, but it seems they're pushing it on Tues. April 21, 2015.

\o/

Looking forward to it. The new Rep gear looks good, mostly. I also hope the Iconians will be an actual challenge.

I like what the did to the galaxy.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: