View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Morgan West
-Protector-
Fleet Council

Awarded:

re: MMORPG season 10.5 interview with Al Riveria

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/352/feature/9843/Star-Trek-Online-New-Armada-System-to-Benefit-Large-Small-Fleets.html

Armadas!

GDPR#2267948

re: GDPR#2267948

GDPR#2267948
Vexashen
Vexashen
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Personally I think due to the situation our fleet is in... fleets will want to join us.

Awarded:

That would depend on whether they are aware of what tier starbase we have etc. I am not sure we have really advertised that have we? I for one could care less about this until they make cross faction possible.

Maybe we should start advertising not for recruiting but for the upcoming armada update we at the tos fleet etc have a blah blah blah etc then if anyone contacts us we can vet them before hand? 

GDPR#2267948

re: GDPR#2267948

GDPR#2267948
Vexashen
Vexashen
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Im fairly certain Im the leader of one of our "vets" alt guilds that we started for name holding purposes as well Stewie lol

galthorius wrote:

Maybe we should start advertising not for recruiting but for the upcoming armada update we at the tos fleet etc have a blah blah blah etc then if anyone contacts us we can vet them before hand? 

Personally, I think we shouldn't jump right in as who knows what bugs it'll have on initial rollout and with all our Holdings (except the new one incoming) maxed out on the Fed side; and the KDF side Holdings all at Tier 3 and the Starbase at Tier 4; it's not like we're really missing out on what the Fleet system offers atm. Also, our Fleet member ship is 'age 30+' for a reason. Do we really want the possible Drama involved with allying with smaller fleets with younger aged players for what will probably end up to a being a small skillpoint bonus? I mean it's certain we'll be the 'Alpha' Fleet of any Armada we form because of our Fed Fleet holding and stockpiled stores.

If the Armada system was cross faction and we could bring our KDF Fleet holdings in and let our Fed characters donate to get the Main Starbase to Tier 5, I'd be really excited. Considering overall where we are in regards to Fleet stuff the Fed fleet is effectively done and the KDF needs a little work. I really see more cons then pros for making use if the upcoming Fleet Armada system myself.

Once we have an idea of what the concrete bonuses are; and how they work, and we're sure Cryptic hasn't got a major bug in there that allows smaller Fleets to raid our stores; or do something else nasty that could cause problems I might be more Pro 'Armada', but atm I favor a more wait and see approach to it.

Awarded:

STO_Armsman wrote:
galthorius wrote:

Personally, I think we shouldn't jump right in as who knows what bugs it'll have on initial rollout and with all our Holdings (except the new one incoming) maxed out on the Fed side; and the KDF side Holdings all at Tier 3 and the Starbase at Tier 4; it's not like we're really missing out on what the Fleet system offers atm. Also, our Fleet member ship is 'age 30+' for a reason. Do we really want the possible Drama involved with allying with smaller fleets with younger aged players for what will probably end up to a being a small skillpoint bonus? I mean it's certain we'll be the 'Alpha' Fleet of any Armada we form because of our Fed Fleet holding and stockpiled stores.

If the Armada system was cross faction and we could bring our KDF Fleet holdings in and let our Fed characters donate to get the Main Starbase to Tier 5, I'd be really excited. Considering overall where we are in regards to Fleet stuff the Fed fleet is effectively done and the KDF needs a little work. I really see more cons then pros for making use if the upcoming Fleet Armada system myself.

Once we have an idea of what the concrete bonuses are; and how they work, and we're sure Cryptic hasn't got a major bug in there that allows smaller Fleets to raid our stores; or do something else nasty that could cause problems I might be more Pro 'Armada', but atm I favor a more wait and see approach to it.

Holy Crap... I agree with you 100% on this. 

-Protector- wrote:
STO_Armsman wrote:
galthorius wrote:

Holy Crap... I agree with you 100% on this. 

I don't believe you. Why? Because the universe hasn't ended.

Skonn
Fleet Council

Awarded:

I think a "wait and see" attitude will be better. Fed side, at least, we're not exactly hurting for anything at all. I truly doubt that being in an armada will mean that things like provisions will be pooled, if they're smart, it will be more like the NoP channel, where you can visit higher tier holdings/bases and get your goodies. I expect the Armada bonuses to be thoroughly underwhelming... until they decide to roll out Armada level ships or consoles ("BETTER than fleet ones! BUY NAO!") 

I doubt a "crippling bug of Cryptic incompetence and doom" will allow people to wipe other fleets out as long as permissions are set up right. Whatever the case, I still think that "wait and see" is better.  

And though I truly hope to be pleasantly surprised, I don't see them bothering with cross-faction Armadas. It's not like it would make sense story-wise, right?

Binar729
Captain

My initial thought on this was to use this as an extension of our own fleet. As an Alpha fleet, we could create 1 Beta fleet for the sole purpose of fleet alts. This Beta fleet could then in turn have 3 gamma fleets which could be organized however you want into sub groups (e.g. WOK alts, TNG alts, a Romulan only subdivision or what-have-you).

We'd only section off this 1 Beta fleet for our own testing at launch and continue to use this for fleet alts - giving us 2000 slots for alts. This would leave us with 2 Beta fleets that could be invited or have even more "alt" space if we don't want to "Armada up" with another fleet.

Richard Silk
Stuart (speedofheat)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Binar729 wrote:

My initial thought on this was to use this as an extension of our own fleet. As an Alpha fleet, we could create 1 Beta fleet for the sole purpose of fleet alts. This Beta fleet could then in turn have 3 gamma fleets which could be organized however you want into sub groups (e.g. WOK alts, TNG alts, a Romulan only subdivision or what-have-you).

We'd only section off this 1 Beta fleet for our own testing at launch and continue to use this for fleet alts - giving us 2000 slots for alts. This would leave us with 2 Beta fleets that could be invited or have even more "alt" space if we don't want to "Armada up" with another fleet.

This ... I think ... its sort of clear that the benefit to small fleets is that they get to get access to the larger fleet's resources, whilst the Alpha fleet gets the benefit of having new projects contribute to, if I understand it correctly?  Given we are maxed on almost everything ... we could easily resurrect TNG, DS9, Ent, Voyager and even Animated veterans as fleets for our Alts, without having to "bring in strangers" ... it also seems there may be a benefit to the host fleet increased discounts etc... either way i don't think we have to  do anything right now... we have the new holding coming up, which will take a lot of resources and then we can bring the Alt fleets on line as we need them ...

my 0.02$ worth  

Awarded:

A Q&A with Borticus about Armadas:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/comment/12594262

Thread is linked above but here's the first post:

A few quick Q&A:

Q: How is Fleet Level / Armada Level determined?

A: Every Holding Tier your Fleet possesses should be worth one Fleet Level. This means getting a T4 Shipyard is 4 levels on its own.

Q: What is max Fleet Level / Armada Level?

A: Extrapolating from the previous answer, you should be seeing a total as follows:
* Starbase = 20 Levels
* Embassy = 9 Levels
* Dilithium Mine = 9 Levels
* Spire = 9 Levels
* Research Lab = 9 Levels
* TOTAL FLEET LEVELS = 56

Now, if you take that and multiply it by the max number of Fleets that can be in an Armada, you'll get (56 * 13) = 728 Armada Levels

*** NOTE: There is currently a series of known bugs with how Fleet Level and Armada Level are displaying on Tribble Builds, and we're working to correct them. The two above answers are how it should be working.

Q: What are the bonuses, when do they unlock, etc. etc.

A: Right now, Armada Bonus Tier 1 starts at Armada Level 50, and increases for every 50 Armada Levels past that.

Armada Bonuses are currently as follows:
Skill Point Bonus:
* Alpha Fleet = 1% + 1% per Tier above 1
* Beta Fleet = 0.5% + 0.5% per Tier above 1
* Gamma Fleet = 0.25% + 0.25% per Tier above 1

Dilithium Discounts:
* Alpha Fleet = 0.25% + 0.25% per Tier above 1
* Beta Fleet = 0.5% + 0.5% per Tier above 1
* Gamma Fleet = 1% + 1% per Tier above 1

All of this information is still subject to change.

Awarded:

Binar729 wrote:

Nice idea Binar .  I agree with Speed, I think this could be a good way to start ourselves out so we can figure out the new system.  Once we have a good handle on it we can then decide if we want to Alpha for some smaller fleets.

I wouldn't mind seeing us venture into this with the Qan Mang, too.  We have been having trouble on that side getting the DOff's filled up to move projects along.  I have three characters there that can't get a FM donated ever...lol.  All three, however, have their DOff rosters full, so it is tough for me to donate that particular resource.  So maybe "dipping our feet in the water" (so to speak) of the Armada system with the Qan Mang, might actually be a benefit for us.

Just my thoughts,

Qapla'!

Dahar Master Myr'Sendri (KDF main, Tac DPS'er)

Diplomacy is the fine art of saying "Nice Doggy" while finding a big stick....

Illigitimi Non Carborundum!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: