View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Devika Sedush
SilkyDancer
Captain

Awarded:

re: Monday Night Book Club

Last night was a blast! I know I'm not ingame as much as I would sometimes like to be (the truth is that I am really enjoying sister-game Champions Online, but you can always send me /tells there if you need a fifth for an STF or some PvP)) but I will always try for Book Club. Even if we are on topic for only 3%, there is NOTHING that is not entertaining about the discussions that we have.

Not to mention FionnaDancing. We can never have enough FionnaDancing. envy

Awarded:

SilkyDancer wrote:

Not to mention FionnaDancing. We can never have enough FionnaDancing. envy

*Shudders* Don't encourage it... there is a reason I dubbed it "the thing that should not be"
Devika Sedush
SilkyDancer
Captain

Awarded:

By the way, Robert... have I mentioned yet how absolutely FABULOUS those "posters" are that you've been making for the episodes we review?

Woo hoo! Fionna dancing! Don't forget to tip your dancer.

Loni suggested we meet next week at the red light district in First City. I think that is a great idea. Sadly since Fionna is a fed she will not be able to join us.
Skonn
Fleet Council

Awarded:

SilkyDancer wrote:
By the way, Robert... have I mentioned yet how absolutely FABULOUS those "posters" are that you've been making for the episodes we review?

While I wish I could take credit, sadly I cannot, as my image editing skills are nil (hence my lack of a sig banner). I've been actually finding them in deviantart. I suppose I should start crediting the artists with little disclaimers. They are spiffy though, aren't they? I've only found TOS ones, but every episode seems to have at least two different posters!
Skonn
Fleet Council

Awarded:

ironhead1982 wrote:
Woo hoo! Fionna dancing! Don't forget to tip your dancer.

Loni suggested we meet next week at the red light district in First City. I think that is a great idea. Sadly since Fionna is a fed she will not be able to join us.

Oh, yes... pity, that.
Devika Sedush
SilkyDancer
Captain

Awarded:

*psssst* hey... hey... here's an idea... Make an Orion, but make her real short, and kinda fat, and maybe use one of the "old people" faces... (too bad they don't allow you to make saggy boobies) and put her in an Orion bikini... twisted

"Hey! You there, Blue Shirt... Don't give me that Vulcan stoicism. You know you want these! Whoooooooo!"

Awarded:

Hmmmm.......

Yes, but Skonn won't be there either.

Skonn and Fionna....not there.....together.....hmmmmm.....

Where will they be? Possibly, unsupervised....somewhere...else?...Together?

Hmmmmm.........
DangerOneDanger
Captain

Awarded:

SilkyDancer wrote:
*psssst* hey... hey... here's an idea... Make an Orion, but make her real short, and kinda fat, and maybe use one of the "old people" faces... (too bad they don't allow you to make saggy boobies) and put her in an Orion bikini... twisted

"Hey! You there, Blue Shirt... Don't give me that Vulcan stoicism. You know you want these! Whoooooooo!"

You are evil Loni, pure evil!

I like that.
Jeffery Clayton Cutter
Darthjef (Cpt. J. C. Cutter)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

In response to:

SilkyDancer wrote:

>>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Also, in response to:

DangerOneDanger wrote:
Hmmmm.......

Hmmmmm.........

>>ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG x 2.

I think you are ALL EVIL. and I LIKE it.

May the warp be with you.

PS to MARK > YODA DON'T HAVE NO BOOOOBIES!!!!!!! MAKE THEM GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awarded:

Darthjef (Cpt. J. C. Cutter) wrote:
PS to MARK > YODA DON'T HAVE NO BOOOOBIES!!!!!!! MAKE THEM GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When nine hundred years old boobies reach, look as good, you will not, hmmm?

Awarded:

DangerOneDanger wrote:
Hmmmm.......

Hmmmmm.........

I would check out the Cave O' Love on Risa first...

mark (James Bailey) wrote:
Darthjef (Cpt. J. C. Cutter) wrote:

When nine hundred years old boobies reach, look as good, you will not, hmmm?

I prefered Loni's line of:

"When 900 years you reach, sag as much, they will not..."
I think it was something like that anyway. envy

Awarded:

Another great night of discussion came and went... though the Red Light District in Qo'nos seemed rather tame.. hmm..

On to next week's blurb!

Forum Image

(Sadly, no poster for) TOS: Balance of Terror (Season 01, Episode 08)

When a mysterious force attacks the outposts along the Romulan Neutral Zone, can the Enterprise and her crew avert a new Earth-Romulan war? Still my favorite TOS episode, not in small part due to the fact that the TOS era Romulans are still my favorite race.

TOS: Enterprise Incident (Season 03, Episode 04. Poster by Deviantart user Arcas-Art, who gets bonus points for working the original Romulan crest into his design)

The only other TOS episode to showcase the Romulans (not counting the instances when they were nameless "attacking ships of the week") "Incident" is not as stellar as its predecessor.. yet still has quite a bit to discuss. When a manic Kirk orders the Enterprise to blatantly cross into the Neutral Zone, how can Spock salvage the situation before war breaks out (again)?

Last edited by Skonn on 2012/06/05 6:35:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skonn
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Another Monday, another great meeting! Thanks to all who attended for the lively discussion.

Scoaler recorded the proceedings, for the benefit of those that couldn't attend but are still interested.

On to next week! The book club has Tribblemania! A trifecta of Tribble episodes headed your way!

Forum Image

TOS: "The Trouble with Tribbles" (Season 2, episode 13. Poster credit goes to deviant art user Moira Murphy)

What are Tribbles? Adorable, cuddly creatures... or a larger menace? The Enterprise's crew will find out first-hand, as they are ordered to Deep Space K-7 to protect.. grain? With the crew of the Klingon ship Gr'oth arriving at the station, an annoyance becomes a potential crisis! "Tribbles" is one of the most iconic, instantly recognizable TOS episodes... come join us, and find out why!

Forum Image

TAS: "More Tribbles, More Troubles" (Season 1, episode 5)

We'd seen the last of Cyrano Jones and his Tribbles, right? Wrong! Jones is back, and causing mischief once more! And when Captain Koloth and the Gr'oth come looking for Jones, will protecting the con man be worth going to war with the Klingon Empire?

Forum Image

DS9: "Trials and Tribble-ations" (Season 5, episode 6)

When Sisko and the crew of the Defiant are inadvertedly thrust back to the 23rd century, they'll be forced to stop a plot that threatens to change the timeline irrevocably! But when they realize they'll be able to witness one of the Enterprise's most pivotal missions, will they be able to follow the Temporal Directive?

BONUS!

Want to be able to experience the K-7 incident through the eyes of the Klingons? What was Koloth's reaction to the ordeal? Wonder no more! Issue 2 of "Klingons: Blood will tell" tells the story, and is a very interesting read!

Forum Image

Get it right here:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/star-trek-comics/id336541106?mt=8 on your iphone for $3.99... worth every penny!

(It is a true shame we can't hold next week's meeting in K-7 itself, as I doubt Klingon toons can beam down.)

All this plus a special guest appearance! See you next Monday!

Last edited by Skonn on 2012/06/05 6:30:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: