View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Othobrithol
Captain

re: Monday Night Book Club

Episodes and Movies

The Original Series
S01 E01 "Where No Man has gone before"
S01 E03 "Mudd's Women"
S01 E06 "The Naked Time"
S01 E08 "Balance of Terror"
S01 E18 "The Squire of Gothos"
S01 E24 "Space Seed"
S01 E27 "Errand of Mercy"

S02 E10 "Mirror, Mirror"
S02 E12 "I, Mudd"
S02 E13 "The Trouble with Tribbles"
S02 E14 "Bread and Circuses"
S02 E16 "A Private Little War"
S02 E20 "Piece of the Action"
S02 E23 "Patterns of Force"
S02 E26 "Assignment: Earth"

S03 E01 "Spock's Brain"
S03 E02 "The Enterprise Incident"
S03 E05 "Is there in truth no beauty?"
S03 E06 "Spectre of the Gun"
S03 E07 "Day of the Dove"
S03 E14 "Whom gods destroy"
S03 E20 "The Way to Eden"

Star Trek II : The Wrath of Khan

The Animated Series
S01 E05 "More Tribbles, More Troubles"
S01 E10 "Mudd's Passion"

The Next Generation
S01 E03 "The Naked Now"

S02 E16 "Q Who"

S05 E09 "First Duty"

S07 E15 "Lower Decks"

Deep Space Nine
S01 E07 "Q-less"

S02 E19 "Blood Oath"

S04 E08 "Little Green Men"
S04 E09 "Sword of Kahless"

S05 E06 "Trials and Tribble-ations"

S06 E22 "Valiant"

S07 E07 "Once More Ino the Breach"

Voyager
S02 E15 "Threshold"

S05 E15 "Dark Frontier" Part I
S05 E16 "Dark Frontier" Part II

S06 E26 "Unimatrix Zero" Part I

S07 E01 "Unimatrix Zero" Part II

Enterprise
S04 E18 "In a Mirror, Darkly" Part I
S04 E19 "In a Mirror, Darkly" Part II
S04 E22 "These are the voyages..."

Other
Galaxy Quest

Last edited by Othobrithol on 2012/10/22 9:04:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skonn
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Thanks for the recap, Otho! This'll be a handy way to remember what we've already seen.

Othobrithol
Captain

Here's my long delayed submission(s):

I think, therefore am I?

STNG S02 E09 "The Measure of a Man"
Voyager S06 E11 "Fair Haven"
Voyager S06 E17 "Spirit Folk"
and/or optionally
STTNG S02 E03 "Elementary, Dear Data"
STTNG S06 E12 "Ship in a Bottle"

Jeffrey Combs
My favorite supporting trek actor, these are the first appearances of his three recurring characters.

Enterprise S01 E15 "Shadows of P'Jem"
DS9 S04 E16 "Bar Association"
D29 S04 E23 "To the Death"
Skonn
Fleet Council

Awarded:

The Voyager edition of Not a Book Club Night was a resounding success... NOT!

However, we are still open to suggestions from any and all series of Trek... yes, including Voyager!

This Monday's suggestion comes from our own Darthjef.

Batman was a smash hit in late 60's TV, its campy, goofy nature would (unfortunately) influence other tv series in order to garner more ratings.. and Lost in Space and the original Trek were no exceptions. This Monday's theme is the Batman influence!

Forum Image

TOS: "Let that be your last battlefield" (Season 3, episode 15)

Batman's Riddler guest-stars in this poignant look at the ridiculousness of racism.

Forum Image

TOS: "Friday's Child" (Season 2, episode 3)

In the aftermath of the Organian peace treaty, Kirk and his crew are sent to negotiate a treaty with the Capellans, only to find a damn dirty Klingon is trying to do the same! This episode guest stars Julie Newmar, best known for playing Catwoman, and includes my favorite "I'm a doctor, not a fill-in-the-blank" quote ever!

Forum Image

TOS: "That which survives" (Season 3 episode 14)

Lee Meriweather (the other Catowman.. Eartha Kitt doesn't count) guest stars! The crew is trapped on a ghost planet, haunted by a beautiful (if somewhat feline) woman!

Honorable mentions:

Of course, Yvonne Craig guest starred in the excellent "Whom gods destroy", but I decided not to include it, as we saw it less than a month ago.

So see you Monday! No Batman puns here!

Last edited by Skonn on 2012/10/27 8:51:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Othobrithol
Captain

Holy Hand Phasers, Skonn!

Edit: Sorry I wasn't there. Interwebs died in the mid evening due to heavy rains from Sandy.
Skonn
Fleet Council

Awarded:

In the next installment of Monday night Not a Book Club, we recognize the work of possibly the best recurring guest star for the later Treks... and along with Bruce Campbell, one of the greatest, underrated character actors of our time: Jeffrey Combs!

Combs has to be the only person to have not just one but three memorable recurring characters: Weyoun the Vorta and Brunt the Ferengi on DS9 and everyone's favorite Andorian, Thy'lek Shran on Enterprise! So join us this week as we go back to the first appearances of all three characters:

Forum Image

Enterprise: "Shadows of P'Jem" (Season 1, episode 15)

When Archer decides to drop in to a Vulcan monastery unannounced, his away team finds more than they bargained for!! But is everything what it seems? Much like "Errand of Mercy" in TOS, "Shadows..." is an episode whose conclusion would have lasting repercussions in Enterprise... not to be missed!

Forum Image

DS9: "Bar Association" (Season 4, episode 16)

(While season 3's "Family Business" was the first appearance of Brunt, we feel "Bar association" did more for his character) Aah, Brunt. Ever the Flintheart Glumgold to Quark's Scrooge McDuck. Rom has managed to do the unthinkable... and is leading Quark's employees on a union strike! This will not stand... not if the Ferengi Commerce Authority has anything to say about it!

Forum Image

DS9: "To the death" (Season 4, episode 23)

When a cadre of renegade Jem'Hadar threaten to take over an Iconian gatewqay, it's up to Sisko and company to put a stop to their mad scheme.. but they won't be able to do it alone... they'll need the help of the Dominion! Can Sisko trust Weyoun, the silver-tongued Vorta?

See you Monday!

bucklerpw
Captain

Commander Shran of the Andorian Imperial Guard is one my favorite characters in all of Star Trek. Jeff Combs is fantastic. I heard he tried to channel Jimmy Cagney with Shran.
Dr. Sskarno

These discussions sound like a lot of fun. If I can get Mumble to work right I might sit in. maybe I'll get the Apple Store to look at it.

Othobrithol
Captain

hehe just realized I posted the wrong episode for enterprise. Shadows of P'jem is the 2nd appearance. The first appearance (at P'jem) was Ep 6, "The Andorian Incident"
Skonn
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Next week's Book Club is going alternate reality hopping! Along with time travel, Trek has never shied away from exploring alternate realities, parallel universes to the canon one, where things are not quite identical. The Mirror Universe is perhaps the most famous, but let's not forget that the JJ Abrahmsverse is one big parallel reality!

So on to the episodes! Suggested by Elric, this week will be TNG-centric:

Forum Image

TNG: "Parallels" (Season 7, episode 11)

When returning from a bath'leth tournament on Forcas III, Worf is unsettled by disorienting sensations, as minute things seem to change all around him... but is this deja vu? Or is it something else?

Forum Image

TNG: "Tapestry" (Season 6, episode 15)

As Picard lies dying after an attack disrupts his artificial heart, Q is on hand to save the day! Q takes Picard to his academy days in order to alter the timeline... but is the alternate future all he wished for?

Forum Image

TNG: "Yesterday's Enterprise" (Season 3, episode 15)

Behold the badassery that is the Enterprise-C! (For this was the only time you'll ever see it :/ ) When the D's predecessor emerges from a temporal rift, reality is altered due to the disruption of the timeline. Will Picard send it back to the past to get destroyed? Or stay in the present, knowing the timeline has been tampered with?

See you Monday! Remember to post your suggestions/requests, or, better yet, to bring them up during our meeting!

Richard Trent
STO_Armsman
Commodore

FTI - The Mumble server seems to be having issues tonight. (Monday 11/19/12) as we all keep getting booted with a timeout, so I don't know if 'Book Club' will be doable tonight.

Awarded:

I have noticed that myself. Let's push it off till next week. I would love to get in on it, but with no mumble.....

So, next week?

Dahar Master Myr'Sendri (KDF main, Tac DPS'er)

Diplomacy is the fine art of saying "Nice Doggy" while finding a big stick....

Illigitimi Non Carborundum!
Skonn
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Elric71 wrote:
I have noticed that myself. Let's push it off till next week. I would love to get in on it, but with no mumble.....

So, next week?

I failed to check the forums last night and got in late (11:30 ish EST) and we did end up having the meeting :/

HOWEVER, I'm sure everyone will be glad to take the discussion back to this week's episodes! We can also provide a recap of the points we brought up...

especially the inappropriate ones!

Skonn
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Moving on to next week, however, the suggestion comes from long-time Book Club aficionado, slappy!

We've brought them up several times over the course of Book Club... but how many of us have actually seen the entire things? Join us as we go back to what started it all, and rewatch both pilots for the Original Series!

Forum Image

TOS: "The Cage" (Pilot)

Meet the original crew of the Enterprise! As captain Christopher Pike ruminates on his future, the Enterprise picks up a colonial distress call from Talos IV! But Pike and co. will soon find there's more than meets the eye! Who are the mysterious Talosians? What are their true motives? And just who is Vina?

Forum Image

TOS: "Where no man has gone before" (Season 1, numbering varies)

This is the one that stuck! When the Enterprise -now captained by James Kirk- picks up a beacon at the edge of the known galaxy, they are startled to discover it belonged to a terran vessel, only to be bombarded by a mysterious energy! What has happened to Gary Mitchell? And what connection does it have to the recorder's final, ominous messages?

This is a week that will give us plenty to talk about, so make sure to join us! See you there!

Posters credit: trekkerscrapbook.com

Skonn
Fleet Council

Awarded:

This Monday's Book Club's suggestions come from our own Quadrophonic!

Forum Image

TNG: "Remember Me" (Season 4, episode 5)

As the crew of the Enterprise starts to disappear one by one, it seems that only Dr. Crusher can remember they ever existed... truly a fate worse than death!

Forum Image

ENT: "Vanishing Point" (Season 2, episode 10)

After her first trip via transporter ends in an accident, Hoshi finds herself trapped in Invisible Woman mode, with the crew believing she's dead. Can she find a way to let them know what happened? Moreover... will she be stuck in limbo forever?

Forum Image

ENT: "Twilight" (Season 3, episode 8)

No... not that Twilight.. Archer finds himself stuck in an alternate future, one where Earth has been destroyed! Can he unlock the key to what went wrong in time to prevent it from happening?

So join us Monday, and remember to bring your suggestions!

Last edited by Skonn on 2012/12/09 7:24:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: