View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan (mygod_itsfullofstars)
Fleet Duty Officer

re: Joint RP Event with The Last Outpost

Hi all,

AdmGriffiths over at TLO just proposed a joint RP event on a coming weekend. He suggested an in-character meet-n-greet in a default ship lounge (a TOS lounge would be fun but would probably be too much like stuffing people in a phone booth to set a world record--do people do that anymore?), but we could also suggest another location.

He said that 5 to 10 folks from TLO would likely show up.

I'd like to get a sense of:

(A) When would be a good date and time for this event? This weekend would be too soon to organize something, I think, so how about next weekend (8/13 or 8/14)? And what part of the day? Afternoon or evening? Once we can narrow things down, AdmGriffiths can get back to us with some specific times that work for his people.

(B) How many of you think you might attend? Are you a possible or a definite? I'd like to pass on a realistic number, rather than one that's inflated. If I say more folks are likely to attend than the number that actually show up, it may reflect badly on us.

I think this will be a lot of fun. We may also want to combine this in some way with our four-month anniversay celebration.
Sky Falls In Thunder
paynesgrey
Fleet Duty Officer

Unless the wife has some horrible people talking noise thing I have to attend, I'm up for it. Saturday evening or sunday afternoon should be good. Have to check for certain.
Sky Falls In Thunder
paynesgrey
Fleet Duty Officer

Ok, I have spoken to She Who Must Be Obeyed. Have a wedding Saturday afternoon, followed by a reception. In theory I should be able to RP by nine or so, but in practice these things usually work out to be as organized as a Mongolian Yakfrak. So I'm gonna say Friday night or Sunday works best for me. If it's Saturday and I get home in time, I'll happily jump on in there.

Gotta admit, I was leary of the whole RP thing. Usually the MMORPG RP'ing I've seen was Teen Angst accompanied by the desperate hope that at least one of the sexxxy dancing night elves was played by a real human female... like Twilight set to mailbox dancing.

From the brief RP session I was at with Sky a few weeks ago, I'm pleasantly surprised to learn that RP doesn't inherently suck, and I look forward to more.
Sky Falls In Thunder
paynesgrey
Fleet Duty Officer

Have we got any sort of a date or timeline set up for this yet?
Dan (mygod_itsfullofstars)
Fleet Duty Officer

We're getting closer...

I'd like to have more than three of us showing up, so I'm working to rope in a larger group. I'm thinking some Sunday afternoon--probably not this Sunday, but probably next.

As soon as something becomes definite, I'll be sure to let you all know.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: