Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Captain's Quarters (Character Bios)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abrexus

re: Character Bio for Andrew Bailey (Abrexus' Character)

Captains log, stardate...

Computer, pause recording. I still can't get used to saying that. Especially since I am the only one on the ship. I guess you could say I am the captain, but I sure don't feel like one.

The ship feels so empty...and alone. Sometimes I wondered if I was ever going to make it home. My journey back to the alpha quadrant is almost at its end, and yet I can still remember the assimilation like it was yesterday.

All the voices, in my head, never ending. Then one day nothing. Now that I think about it, being alone on this ship doesn't even compare to how alone I felt then. We had crashed on a class L planet and our link was severed from the collective. All the other drones had perished. I can't be certain how much time I spent on that planet. Time came to a stand still for me. I tried to construct a communications beacon to alert the collective of my presence, but I can only assume they abandoned me as "unsalvageable".

I picked up a signal from a Federation ship, but it was distant and adrift. It was months until the ship was in range and I could perform a scan. I thought maybe it was a rescue operation, but I was wrong. The ship was unpowered and there was no life signs aboard. The ship was pulled into the planets gravity well, and entered a decaying orbit. My personal transporter was still active, so I beamed myself aboard. To my surprise I found myself aboard an old Constitution Class Starship, The Exeter.

It took several weeks and the use of some Borg technology, but I was able to restore main power and break orbit. Now that I was underway, my skills in science and astrometrics would come into play. In a few days I was able to plot a coarse back to the alpha quadrant using several Borg transwarp conduits to help speed me along in my journey.

I can only hope my family will still remember me when I return, if any of them are left alive...
Sky Falls In Thunder
paynesgrey
Fleet Duty Officer

*rubs hands in anticipation for the rest of the story.*
mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Now you are just teasing us.. I am really amazed with the creativity in this fleet. I think we should be able to put together a Star Trek series all on our own. (Star Trek - The Lost Years)

Jump to: