Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Visitor Stateroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saedor7
Captain

re: Greetings

Just submitted my application, and thought I'd say hi. I'm 46 years old, grew up watching TOS pretty much daily in the 70's. Been playing MMO's for about 5 years, and have been in STO off and on, since pre-launch.

Hope to see you soon!
mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Well I hope that we can help to add a little bit more to your STO experience and make it more enjoyable. I find that every person adds a little more to the fleet for me.

You should be hearing back from us today. We walk a little slower that that average fleet ;)

I thank you for the invite. I have to work tonight but I will be in-game at various times all weekend, so I hope to see you then! Happy
mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Well we hope to see you out there! Just to let you know we have a One Year TOS Veterans Anniversary Party all day Saturday. Please come out and take part in the Celebration. There will be cookies!

TOS Veterans Anniversary - Agenda and Details
http://stotosveteransfleet.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8160199&p=29715776&gid=205090#29715776

Welcome to TOS Veterans! Based on your avatar your a Klingon fan also. Check out TOS Qan Mang. See you out there!

Richard Silk
Stuart (speedofheat)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

welcome and looking forward to meeting you on Saturday!

Awarded:

Welcome aboard! Hope to see you in game Happy

Q'aplaH!

Dahar Master Myr'Sendri (KDF main, Tac DPS'er)

Diplomacy is the fine art of saying "Nice Doggy" while finding a big stick....

Illigitimi Non Carborundum!
Saedor7
Captain

Thanks for the welcome. And yes, I do indeed have an appropriate Klingon character... Magor General Korth, a TOS Klingon.

I have several toons that would fit actually, as my early STO toons were based on old pen-and-paper rpg characters from a TOS campaign in the 80's. Among them are;

Vice Admiral Abel Hernandez
Captain Gaav (Tellarite)
Captain Boolean Saxton
the afore-mentioned General Korth

And of course, Commander Hasbrough Happy
Carmen les Toreadors

We will have to get acquanted with the KDF side of things as well, although the 'tactical experiment' with 1 vs 1 PvP against your Excelsior yielded interesting findings.

While Klingon ships have remarkable first-strike power, Federation cruisers are actually very resilient. Using normal and uncommon equipment vs your standard issue phasers, it will require at least 2 Birds of Prey to cause significant damage to the Excelsior.

(Both opposing captains were level 24 using near-standard equipment, so all was fair).

There is only one problem with my KDF side, or at least an interesting aspect that can be made use of in roleplay.

My character appears to be a human of Russian descent, obviously a slave or subject of the Empire. Problem is, very very few RPers can convincingly play her master or mistress. People are actually afraid of 'cruelty' for some reason. What? Cruelty concerns? In the KDF? Absurd .

That fact that "Tsarina" Katarina needs to be traind from level 23 to at least Brigade General for KDF Appreciation Week in April means that an intensive regime needs to be put in place and can be considered and interesting RP opportunity as well.

And I do want that Varanus fleet support ship!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Visitor Stateroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum