View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devika Sedush
SilkyDancer
Captain

Awarded:

re: STO/TOS Vets Event Question

I guess this is the forum area to ask this question...

I was looking at the ingame calendar of TOS TNG events, all of which were either PvP battles (getting my butt kicked by fellow players has never appealed to me) or STF (not -exactly- sure what it means, but I assume it is a badass Task Force thingie like CoH has) which require the participant to be, like, Admiral rank or somesuch. Do the TOS Veterans groups have any events that new players can join in that doesn't involve getting my tuchus handed to me on a platter by someone whose level of ship-building mechanics makes my feeble attempts look like a match in a hurricane?
Carmen les Toreadors

Yes I run plenty of events for low level players, namely cooperative missions, canon styled Trek discussions, pre-STF team building, humanitarian aid missions to Cardassia etc etc.

Check out my roleplaying concept threads and look me up in-game and I'll schedule something for you.

Now, most people think my threads are absolutely scary. Well don't. Someone has to do the hard work doing event planning and manage missions while leading a bunch of ships ranging from levels 17 to 50 in the same mission (while preventing the enemy from causing casualties to cadets. As far as I'm concerned I do most of the admin work so whomever (dares to) look me up can have the full benefit of whatever I wrote or created. I don't advertise my activities otherwise, since quality is desirable over quantity.

The video I posted last night proves that whatever I'm doing is functional. Post whatever enquiries in my threads (see recent posts on the left) and I shall reply.

Ps. My in-game handle is @carmenara
Once again, I won't do anything unless spoken to (I'm brought up in a Victorian household and that sticks)

Naval Doctrine & Future Weapons Development Group for STO
Canon Based Roleplaying (with Mr Skonn's valuable assistance!)
Social Roleplaying 7 Days a Week

What are you waiting for? It's Officer Cadet School accessible to all!
mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Yes the in-game calendar is not up-to date. We have been updating the Fleet Night Schedule around people that have been quite active and we are trying to fill in the gaps. We do have a Website Calendar that is a little easier to navigate.

Officially the Three big Fleet Nights are:

Monday is a Levelling night where most players use their lower level Characters to do missions, play Featured Episodes and join up try to gain all of the important accolades that you may need to be a well rounded Captain.

Wednesday at 9:00 EST is STF Night where we run Special Task Force missions at both Elite and Regular and if there is someone that is new we put them in with a group of experienced people in order to get them use to it. STF’s are Leven 45 and up so this may not be for you for a few more weeks ;) This is a lot of fun and you get some great ship gear!

Thursday at 9:00 EST is PvP Night where we do a good mix of PvP depending on who is there. This is not strictly a kicking butt thing. Players will drop levels mix teams and try different ships and builds to make it fun. I hate PvP and I hate being blown up all the time but not with this group, a lot of fun, they won’t pick on the new guy and it is a good way to work on your ship builds. Especially with one on one
The other night have been changed from a schedules event to anything goes night. That is where everyone that is on is open to everything. If someone types in Mariner10 cat that they want to do the Breen Featured Episodes then four others will usually step forward. I have never come on and not had a couple of offered.

People usually populate the Galaxy around 9:00 EST but us west coast people tend to come on later.

Hope this helps but please speak up in Mariner10 and I am sure someone would love to do something. Also if we get people that really like doing something like the Featured Episodes every Tuesday (as an example) we would probably offer them a Duty Officer Title and get them running them regularly.

There's usually much more activity on EST evenings / nights / late nights and there is a bunch of regular mission RPers who actively run multiple combat and social events per night.

You should tie up with me to get all these RP and team building activities into an official roster - I have already assigned people to man the next (EST) Saturday evening's task force deployment and they're filling in for my absence (due to work) on weekdays as well.

Since it does seem that your regulars are hesitant to discuss my work and events for whatever reason despite the perfect track record, advertising is a good way to break the ice.

In the meantime to avoid wasting time, I'm building my own 5-man STF & elite mission demonstration team using formal battle orders in lieu of voice comms as a concept proving exercise.

We are also levelling up Klingon characters to participate in the upcoming Klingong Appreciation Week hosted by the STO KDF community.

Naval Doctrine & Future Weapons Development Group for STO
Canon Based Roleplaying (with Mr Skonn's valuable assistance!)
Social Roleplaying 7 Days a Week

What are you waiting for? It's Officer Cadet School accessible to all!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: