Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Visitor Stateroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melawil
Captain

Awarded:

re: Qapla'!

Howdy!

I'm a returning player (I played for a few months just after launch) and long-time star trek fan (I'm 45, so I cut my teeth literally on TOS). I'm still enjoying STO immensely after a month, so I figure it's time to start looking for a fleet. Your "for old farts" message caught my eye, and I like what I've seen so far. I've got a couple of questions, though:

- How active are you around 10pm - midnight, Pacific time?
- Do you have an in-game channel I could meet you in?

And lastly: I started playing a Klingon during Klingon Awareness Week, and I just can't stop! I haven't touched either of my Federation characters since. I know you have a fleet for your Klingon alts, but what sort of place might there be for someone who wants to play their Klingon as their main? I know your backstory revolves around people being pulled forward to fight for the Federation (and your Klingons likewise for the Empire). I have no problem either being a regular bad guy to act as a foil, or alternately doing something like saying "in light of the Borg and Undine threat, limited cooperation between the Empire and the Federation has occurred" - like you see when you jump into Borg fights as a Klingon.

Actually, I really like the idea of combining the two, being a sort of frenemy. I do RP, so it sounds like that could be a fun way to go.

Anyways, nice meeting you, and I look forward to talking in the future.
mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Quote:
I'm a returning player (I played for a few months just after launch) and long-time star trek fan (I'm 45, so I cut my teeth literally on TOS). I'm still enjoying STO immensely after a month, so I figure it's time to start looking for a fleet. Your "for old farts" message caught my eye, and I like what I've seen so far. I've got a couple of questions, though:

This is great! You sound just like we were about a year ago when we seet this up. Except you are WAY older than me, I am only 43

Quote:
- How active are you around 10pm - midnight, Pacific time?

We have most of our players in the EST however at 10 Pacific our European players are coming online We usually have about 5-10 of us on until 12:00 Pacific. Some of our west coast players that are on A-LOT.

Quote:
- Do you have an in-game channel I could meet you in?

We do, If you PM me your @handle I will add you to the Mariner10 Chat Channel. We also have a 35 seat mumble voice server. It is even more fun b/c some of these guys have funny American accents ;)

Quote:
And lastly: I started playing a Klingon during Klingon Awareness Week, and I just can't stop! I haven't touched either of my Federation characters since.

I know you have a fleet for your Klingon alts, but what sort of place might there be for someone who wants to play their Klingon as their main? I know your backstory revolves around people being pulled forward to fight for the Federation (and your Klingons likewise for the Empire). I have no problem either being a regular bad guy to act as a foil, or alternately doing something like saying "in light of the Borg and Undine threat, limited cooperation between the Empire and the Federation has occurred" - like you see when you jump into Borg fights as a Klingon.

Actually, I really like the idea of combining the two, being a sort of frenemy. I do RP, so it sounds like that could be a fun way to go.

We have about three Fleet members that play Klingons almost all the time. Most of us have our alts in there too but we like playing our Klingons. We have a request from our RP Division to do some more of the Klingon Vs Fed stuff and work on some more Klingon RP but we are just getting into that. So you came at a good time. We use the backstory and the Fleet Bible as a guide and some of our players use it and write bios and some don't use it. Just find where you fit in and enjoy the ride.

Quote:
Anyways, nice meeting you, and I look forward to talking in the future.

It was great to meet another TOS lover and i look forward to chatting with you!

Welcome!
I am glad to see we have another Klingon warrior joining the battle group. I am usually online until about 3-4 AM EST. Several of us have been running missions and STFs using Klingon characters and would enjoy having another warrior join in the fray. I also enjoy Klingon vs Fed PVP if you are in to that. This Saturday, Saedor7 is hosting a Klingon RP event and he has a thread posted about it.
Hope to see you in game.

Qapla'
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Visitor Stateroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum