Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Visitor Stateroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lanura

re: Greeting TOS Vets!

Hello there!

I recently published a TOS themed mission on the Foundry named Radio Silence. It's my first foundry mission, so it's rather basic compared to some of the exemplary series! However, I thought I'd just let you guys know... not a huge amount of TOS themed missions in STO so I thought I'd give it a go!

If you want, give it a go and I hope you enjoy it. I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions that anyone would be willing to give!

Calm seas and clear horizons to you all Happy

Hailing frequencies closed...

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Welcome to the Mariner 10 Spacestation Lanura!

Thank you for your post regarding the TOS themed Foundry mission. We have talked about creating a TOS themed database for the Foundry but have never done so. I know our RP community have been playing Foundry missions on a regular basis and we will make sure that we give this a try!

Thank you again for thinking of the TOS Veterans and any future suggestions will be much appreciated!

Your very welcome Happy. I'm hoping to create some more missions after I've finished my assignments and uni exams. Will be slow going though, have two months of placements after that so not much spare time for this Trekkie! Rest assured if I publish any more I'll drop a comment on your forums so you can try it out Happy.

Richard Silk
Stuart (speedofheat)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Welcome and I will give it a try tonight!

Thanks Happy, if there are any bits you think might be better altered or anything let me know. Always looking for ways to improve it. Must have rewritten the story in my head about 5 times because of limitations in the foundry I wasn't aware of (still want to fit in the classic sacrificial red shirt :P).

I'm actually starting to think of ideas for my next TOS mission. Trying to do a bit of brainstorming for ideas, so if there is anything you would like to see let me know and I may be able to throw it in somewhere Happy.

If you want to reach me in game, my main is Myles (eng) with my alt I'm levelling up at the moment is called Lanura, then there is my TOS called Jim :P. Character handle is @tim3822.

Hope you enjoy the mission!

Richard Silk
Stuart (speedofheat)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

In the mission description, just add the sector that the planet is in to the mission description text, it just makes it easier to find.

The speech dialouges could "go away" if we have nothing further to say to each other, as you did with the captain, and transport some crew members if it is appropriate ?

The frieghter captain should likely be in cvilian attire? Though i love the use of the TOS clothing to set the timeline Happy

I think your D7 may be a tad over powered on Elite against a single Connie.. you might want to suggest people go in on advanced or normal... bear in mind that it is about twice as powerful than a connie to begin with...

a nice mission, but i think it needs a bit of tuning?

Awarded:

I rather liked the writing, easily among the best I've read! Personally, I would have liked to have something to do/investigate/figure out at the abandoned colony..

As a story idea, how about a TOS era murder whodunit on Vulcan? Or Andoria? You could use Romulan/Orion spies in disguise!
Saedor7
Captain

A murder mystery aon Vulcan in the TOS era? Hm... Have you ever read this book? Happy

Forum Image

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060226080450/memoryalpha/en/images/c/c8/The_vulcan_academy_murders.jpg

I had this book many years ago.... it's a great read.
Cpt_Guthrie
Captain

Bought it, read it, sold it, can't remember it. Age. Erg.
Skonn
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Saedor7 wrote:
A murder mystery aon Vulcan in the TOS era? Hm... Have you ever read this book? Happy

Forum Image

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060226080450/memoryalpha/en/images/c/c8/The_vulcan_academy_murders.jpg

I had this book many years ago.... it's a great read.

Indeed I have, good sir... and it actually came to mind! The problem with putting TOS Romulans in foundry missions is the lack of anything remotely resembling the uniforms... but if they're spies... well, that changes things ;)

And for those that have not read the novel, do so! Romulan spies are in no way involved, so I haven't spoiled it one bit ;)
Lanura

Have to admit this is a problem I came up against. I have so many ideas for TOS missions, but the assets available to use for such missions are extremely limited.

The Romulan frigate I could get away with passing as the type from TOS era to an extent, but there are no uniforms like what we saw in Balance of Terror or The Enterprise Incident. Luckily you can use K-7 as a station but not Drozana starbase nor can you access the interiors for that base or the connie bridge/crew decks.

A real pain if I'm honest, and frustrating too knowing that such great environments have already been made I just can't get to them!

Regarding my mission, I will have a think and fit something in on the ground even if it's just scanning and dialogue. I know it's a bit like press F to win but I think that's more in keeping with TOS than constant combat.

Lanura

Radio Silence, now updated with new ground objectives Happy

Re: balancing the D7, I can't do anything about it unfortunately. There is no way to alter the damange output or HP of ships so I'm limited by whats there already. Blame Cryptic for no T5 Connie ...

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Visitor Stateroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum