Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Visitor Stateroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Norbus42
Captain

re: Hello to the TOS Veterans

My name is Nick. I've been playing STO for a couple of weeks now and it is truly the game I have been waiting to play for 25-odd years. I sent in an application for the TOS Veteran's Fleet a few days ago. I hope that You find me as good a fit as I think the fleet would be for me.
Elric71
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Just wanted to let you know, we got your app, but we have 5 of 7 council members (who make all the recruitment discisions) on vacation right now. Sorry for the delay

As soon as we are all back from our various excursions, your app should have no problem getting approved

Again, sorry for the delay,

Aaron
@Elric71
Councillor, TOS Veterans

Dahar Master Myr'Sendri (KDF main, Tac DPS'er)

Diplomacy is the fine art of saying "Nice Doggy" while finding a big stick....

Illigitimi Non Carborundum!
Norbus42
Captain

Lucky them, I wish I was on vacation. Whenever they can get to me is great. In the meantime, is there an appropriate place where I can ask a few questions? I have no idea what I'm doing, and the PWE forums are full of a) trolls b) people who are super angry that PWE saved the game they like to play.
Elric71
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Hey,

You can ask right here if you want. We have lots of people (including myself) who love to impart their knowlege

If you want to ask in game, you can PM me (@Elric71) or we have a public chat channel called M10 Alliance you can ask questions on as well Happy

We should have the majority of the council on tomorrow night (that is our usual night for council meetings), and if that is the case, you should know by Tuesday. In the mean time, check out our public chat channel or post your questions here Happy

Qapla'!

Aaron (@Elric71)

EDIT: I almost forgot, there is a really good forum on the STO website called "The Academy" that has some great posts in it for players just starting out. Check that one out here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127

Capt. Jerry

Please feel free to ask your questions! Most of us are more than happy to help.

Norbus42
Captain

Excellent and thank you. I have a short list of things:

1) What is the account bank? Does one have to be a subscribing member to access it?

2) Do C-store items transfer to all of my accounts?

3) I have recently unlocked Tholian Lockbox with a Mirror Star Cruiser. Should I seel or keep? If I sell, what sort of price?

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks.
Elric71
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Norbus42 wrote:
Excellent and thank you. I have a short list of things:

1) What is the account bank? Does one have to be a subscribing member to access it?

2) Do C-store items transfer to all of my accounts?

3) I have recently unlocked Tholian Lockbox with a Mirror Star Cruiser. Should I seel or keep? If I sell, what sort of price?

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks.

Well, Nick, lemme see if I can take a stab at your questions....

1) The Account bank is used when you have more than one character on your account. Since you are starting out, you probably only have one, but once you hit level 11 (I think) you unlock Klingon play and can create a Klingon Character. Once you do that, you can use the account bank to transfer non-bound items and energy credits between the two characters.

2) Some C-Store items are account wide, some are only for one character at a time. If you read the description of the item, it usually tells you if it is an account-wide unlock or if it is a single caracter unlock. By rule of thumb, most uniforms, ship skins, and playable races are account-wide. Most Bridge Officers are per character, and ships can be both.

3) You lucky dog, you....I've been trying to get some of the new ships and haven't yet mad .... But to answer your question, it is totally up to you. If you like flying cruisers, keep the box until you get to Vice Admiral (level 50) and you will have a nice kick-ass cruiser to fly around in. If not, you can sell it on the Exchange. As far as prices, you'll have to look on the Exchange for prices. If you go to the Exchange on Earth Space Dock (left from the transporter room, two rooms down) open your inventory, then open the Exchange. Drag the box from your inventory to the search line and hit search. It should show you the going prices for the ship box.

Hope this helps Happy
Any more questions, fire away

Aaron

Norbus42
Captain

Thanks, that clears up a few things. In retrospect(and after seeing a screenshot) I'm going to hang onto the Mirror Star Cruiser. Apparently, It's a Rear Admiral ship. I won't have long to wait, as I just made CAPT last night.(yay!)
TaithZero
Captain

Congratulations on the cruiser. I hope you realise this means your character must have a goatee to captain it.

Maybe I should buy some keys for the Tholian boxes. My impression is that they're delivering better rewards than the Ferengi ones did.

Captain

Thanks. I agree on the Tholian boxes being better. I tried a couple Ferengi boxes towards the end, and came up with junk. In the same number of boxes opened, I've gotten a sweet ship, some DOFFs and two Phased Polaron(?) weapon drops.
Skonn
Fleet Council

Awarded:

A small addition:

The account bank is not available to free/silver players yet, with no word as to when we'll get access (other than "soon"). If you're paid for a month's subscription at least once, I believe you get access... but until then, for now, no dice.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Visitor Stateroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum