Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Visitor Stateroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khali
Khalifriio
Captain

re: Greetings, looking to join your ranks

Yet another hello from Ohio. I am looking to join TOS. New to the game but I have made Lt. Commander in just a day of playing. So far so good. Looking forward to being in a fleet so I can pick everyone's brains looking for good advice. Right now I am trying to decide on which ship to upgrade to from the starter light cruiser. My character is a Engineer and I just can't decide on sticking with cruisers or maybe going with the science vessel.

Hope to join you all soon. I have filled out the application. Hope I got it all right.
Dr. Sskarno

Hello I'm sure they'll get to your application shortly. As for ships, personally I would go for a science ship over a cruiser but keep in mind, if you do, you will have 2 science Bridge officer stations not engineering.

Khali
Khalifriio
Captain

I went with the science ship. I knew I would have two science stations going into it.

Is there any reason to keep the starter cruiser?
mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

First of all we would like to welcome you to the fleet!! The application has been accepted and you will receive a fleet request

As fo4r the Science build, there are some really good Science builds in the forums and some Senior Officers that will help you come up with a game-plan for your ship or science build. I was told that a Science Officer in a star cruiser is very dangerous.

STO is changing all the time and it is important to look at your play-style (how you like to play) and what you will be doing (STF, PvP, or Missions)

Please wait for some information more information from one of our build officers and I will see if I can send them to this thread.

Since you are playing as an engineer the cruisers may be more effective, especially at higher levels. Since I play a science officer not an engineer I won't comment more except to say we have some exceptional engineers in our fleet that will be happy to help you with things like build and ship selection. I highly recommend that once you receive your fleet invitation you get an invite to our Mariner 10 chat channel and set up mumble for our voice chat. These will make it much easier for you to interact with fleet mates.
Welcome to the fleet and I look forward to seeing you in game.
Khali
Khalifriio
Captain

Looks like I forgot to add in my contact info for in game. So here it is.

Khali@Khalifria

Sorry about that. The Khalifria was a hold over from Perfect World in case you were wondering.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Visitor Stateroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum