View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Sobrik
Amein Hucal
Captain

Awarded:

re: Anyone Care? Dept:Disney Buys Lucasfilm new movie planned

moronwmachinegun wrote:
TRon: Revolution is a pretty darn good series too. Also, the Clone Wars cartoon is not bad, much better than the cheesy GI Joe from when we were kids. It could go right.

Except Clone Wars is not Disney. That may have changed with the LucasFilm acquisition but last I heard, someone else holds the rights on that one and it was uncertain as to whether or not Disney now controlled that. That was about a month ago that I last knew that though.

Awarded:

The only problem I have is that Disney will soon own almost everything. ESPN; Pixar; LucasFilms; and Industrial Light and Magic (Fomer parent company of Pixar. Ironic, huh?).

Disney is also now trying to purchase Hasbro. This would give them GI Joe; A large chunk of board/card games; Magic: The Gathering; and Wizards of the Coast (D&D).

Perhaps the Mayans were correct?

Awarded:

Elesh Norn wrote:
Perhaps the Mayans were correct?

Somehow, I don't think the Mayan's knew that the end of the world would be brought about by a cartoon mouse.....

That is kinda disturbing how much of our popular media Disney will have a hand in, though. Never really thought of it that way. In this particular avenue, though, I don't think Disney can do worse that Lucas did himself (eg. Jar Jar Binks) in the last (first?) three episodes.

Also, I think Disney can afford some decent writers...I think the writers in the last two movies were ex-soap opera writers...Horrible dialog between Padme and Annakin. Though it could be that there was just horrible screen chemistry between Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen.....Who knows

But Disney can't do much worse than that, IMHO...

Qapla'!

Dahar Master Myr'Sendri (KDF main, Tac DPS'er)

Diplomacy is the fine art of saying "Nice Doggy" while finding a big stick....

Illigitimi Non Carborundum!
mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

I think they thought that (being a Canadian) Hayden Christensen would have that Bill Shatner appeal but they missed the ship on that one.

I think that Disney will take their time on this one. If we are lucky in the next 5 years technology will progress so much that a digital scan of Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford will allow them to have the original actors playing themselves in the final 3 movies. They could just have any female actor playing Carrie Fisher’s part b/c I will be just staring at the gold lamé dress.

Lucus said he had no intention of doing the last three movies, I think Disney will and learn from the Jar Jar love scenes ;)

Awarded:

Talia_Rachel wrote:
Sorry to spoil the party, but remember Disney are responsible for that wonderful epic "John Carter".

For the record... I liked John Carter and I thought it was a great family film (I have four kids, all of which liked the movie).

mark (James Bailey) wrote:
I think Disney will and learn from the Jar Jar love scenes ;)
i've no big hopes about Disney learning anything... but... pixar always was and still is (i guess) very good to manage a movie to be watched (and enjoyed) by little kids AND their parents at same time dealing with deep and some times obscure/adult jokes dialogs only catched by adults and funny images to the little kids around

jar... jar... or... wesly... who should be killed with fire the first is the question i guess ¬¬
Richard Silk
Stuart (speedofheat)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

me-a-thinking that-a-death is-a too-a-good for-a jar-jar ...

Stuart (speedofheat) wrote:
me-a-thinking that-a-death is-a too-a-good for-a jar-jar ...
i never believed you was one of those who goes around the world throwing salt at opened wounds along their path... o.0

sadist and ...fascinating xD
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: