View previous topic :: View next topic  
D.STEEL

re: New Star Trek Movie poster and news.

Just saw this and wanted to share, in case yall haven't seen it yet.

http://l.yimg.com/os/251/2012/12/03/startrek2poster-jpg_155636.jpg

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/star-trek-darkness-poster-familiar-looking-revealing-181207193.html
D.STEEL

is that borg hull in the poster??
No, not yet, its too soon for borg in JJ Trek...right?

Thought the rumour was another Kahn, experience but I thought that would have been lame since it would be like re doing Jaws or E.T. since ALL was classics.
Varliara
Captain

I really hope it's not borg..
That's what did it for me for Enterprise.. the borg...

I liked the Star Trek 2009, well.. except for the lame lens flares..

You mean the episode where they found the borg in ice from the First Contact movie?

If that is what your talking about I thought that was cool how they brought that into play, making a link to the movie.

I also can see why just the Borg in general is such an annoyance since they dont seem as scary as they did when first introduced by Q. It would have been better if they was this faceless enemy who just keeps coming till they take you over and absorb you. After the Borg Queen, and Hugh I am Borg guy, it seemed like the borg became, excuse this expression, emasculated and wimpy.

BUT, while I am at it...

I dont get why people hate on Enterprise, I liked the show...well any Star Trek show or movie I like in some way. Like the JJ Trek movie I like how it has stuff like Romulus getting destroyed from the movie, being in STO. It kinda mixes the game into the Trek Universe or visa versa, like how Enterprise mixed the borg into the show from the movie.

It seems like, and I like how, they make everything connect in some way.

After you make all the connections its like you can say, "its a small universe after all".

I just love Trek, any and all things Trek.

Trek is what and where we would be some day if we didn't suck, selfish and self centered, so bad as a people.
D.STEEL

D.STEEL

D.STEEL

Its suppose to be about Gary Mitchel this guy in this preview from TOS...
Elric71
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Damn man! Nice job digging up all the info!

I personally can't wait till this movie comes out. I really liked the first JJ-Trek. I have the same issues as mentioned in the other post with the lens flairs, but with all the info posted within the two threads about this movie, I can't wait till May

Qapla'!

Dahar Master Myr'Sendri (KDF main, Tac DPS'er)

Diplomacy is the fine art of saying "Nice Doggy" while finding a big stick....

Illigitimi Non Carborundum!
Sobrik
Amein Hucal
Captain

Awarded:

D.STEEL wrote:
Its suppose to be about Gary Mitchel this guy in this preview from TOS...

I don't think it's a rehash of "Where No Man has Gone Before". The comics have already tackled that one and they are supposedly alternate timeline "cannon".

I've read speculation that the Japanese version of the trailer (link below) points towards Khan as the big baddie for the film. Specifically that last 12 seconds of the teaser.

For the sake of the self respect of (and subsequently MY respect for) Abrams, it better not be a rehash of ANY TOS villain. Any rehash of an old tried villain shows a complete lack of any sort of original thought or substance.

Just my opinion. Happy

Btw, I'm not really a fan of the 2009 film as a TREK film. I enjoyed it as a space based action film (nope, not even SciFi... must contain the SCI in order to be SciFi), nothing more. When Abrams adds more science jargon AND more deep philosophical thought provoking subjects, like all Treks prior, then I'll start respecting it as Trek.

Awarded:

From startrek.com:

http://www.startrek.com/article/check-out-new-star-trek-into-darkness-image

"Paramount Pictures has just released a new image from Star Trek Into Darkness. The picture depicts Chris Pine as Kirk and Zachary Quinto as Spock engaged in an apparently heated conversation with the character played by Benedict Cumberbatch. That character is seen in what appears to be a brig/holding cell and, according to the caption provided by Paramount, the character is named… John Harrison."

On the surface... this does not appear to be a rehash of old stories... I am cautiously optimistic.

Awarded:

"John Harrison" sounds like a red herring to me. I doubt that's the character's real name.. most likely he'll turn out to be someone else, and, quite likely, someone we already know.

Which to me, is not necessarily a bad thing. We're seeing different takes on estblished characters anyway, some, like Uhura and Spock, are deviations from the originals..and for me, they click anyway. I've been reading all the JJverse comics and they've mostly gone over TOS storylines, doing a pretty good job... I say as long as it's written well, bring on the familiar baddies!

And my money's still on Garth of Izar. Though I think they doth protest too much that it's NOT Khan. I'd love to see either one!

Sobrik
Amein Hucal
Captain

Awarded:

Skonn wrote:
"John Harrison" sounds like a red herring to me. I doubt that's the character's real name.. most likely he'll turn out to be someone else, and, quite likely, someone we already know.

Which to me, is not necessarily a bad thing. We're seeing different takes on estblished characters anyway, some, like Uhura and Spock, are deviations from the originals..and for me, they click anyway. I've been reading all the JJverse comics and they've mostly gone over TOS storylines, doing a pretty good job... I say as long as it's written well, bring on the familiar baddies!

And my money's still on Garth of Izar. Though I think they doth protest too much that it's NOT Khan. I'd love to see either one!

John Harrison may very well be a red herring... Especially since Orci and others have stated that the villain IS from old TOS cannon.

Someone made a comment that there would be much that would have to be established in order for it to be Khan (i.e. finding the Botany Bay etc and how that all pans out). Since Khan and his followers were in stasis before the changes in the timeline, there would be little to no difference between then and now (theoretically).

Garth of Izar is an interesting theory and may actually fit. (I couldnt remember who he was so I had to Google him.)

Awarded:

So, apparently, the blond woman featured prominently in the Into the Darkness teaser is Dr. Carol Marcus... Hrmm...

Awarded:

re: More Star Trek Into Darkness News

Found this:

http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/24/new-star-trek-into-darkness-images-from-empire-mag/

Warning: Spoilers in the link above.

Jump to: