View previous topic :: View next topic  
DustyAce
Captain

re: Starbase Featured Project #12

Season 7 Dev Blog #29
Forum Image
From time to time, special projects will become available for fleets. With these special projects you can unlock new features to give your starbase more crew, more customization, and more recognizable features from Star Trek! Be quick, though – when a special project becomes available, it will only be available for a limited time. You must start the project before the end of the feature. Once you’ve started the project, though, you can keep working on it until it’s finished, even if the special event ends – but remember, you can only work on one special project at a time, so you’ll want to finish quickly to make sure that you can work on the next special feature!

Our next special feature is, "Staffing." As Federation and Klingon Defense Force fleet starbases are expanding in size and importance, more and more transports are arriving with new residents, including some that are non-sentient. In a recent transport, a group of Ferasans have moved into KDF bases, while Starfleet has sent a sentry of Exocomps to patrol their bases.

Upon completion of this special project, your starbase’s interior will gain additional population. Ferasans will appear for Klingons, while members of Starfleet will staff up with Exocomps. This special project will be available around 10AM PDT on January 17, 2013, until around 10AM PDT on January 31, 2013.

Forum Image
Keep checking back to see what’s next on the special project list! We hope you are enjoying Season 7: New Romulus and we’ll see you in-game.

Scott “Goatshark” Shicoff
Lead Content Designer
Star Trek Online

official link :
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=801341

In my humble opinion... we're not being scamed by crypptic.. err... this is assault stealing robbery >.<
Capt. Jerry

I vote no on this one!

mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

I think they will ask for us to pay dilithium for oxygen on the starbase. I can see it now: "although the Oxygen Project done not actually change anything visually on your starbase but now unless you have completed the “Oxygen Project” your Captains will not make it out of the transporter room without collapsing. For extra oxygen that lasts more than the 12.5min that the Project Oxygen lasts, please visit the C-Store”

I vote no for this one as well

Awarded:

errrrrr No

Awarded:

We just ran a poll over over a month to see if we were going to run these projects at all until we hit t5. The response was something like 48 no 8 yes. So... no we wont be running this.

Vexashen (Edward Teach) wrote:
We just ran a poll over over a month to see if we were going to run these projects at all until we hit t5. The response was something like 48 no 8 yes. So... no we wont be running this.
totally agree but it's part of the weekly news and must be posted ...you know... this is the "news area" of the forum ^^

ps: about the "oxygen project" ...i always carry with me (into my inventory) my space outfit just in case cryptic turn their ferengi politic much more aggressive >.<
Lomax6996

Good.... NO on this one from me, as well. The dancing girls were a necessary and very important addition wink ... but we can do without this, at least for now.
Richard Trent
STO_Armsman
Commodore

BTW - thanks for posting this Dusty (I stopped posting the info on these because I thought it was decided we'd wait to do any of these until the Starbase/Embassy was T5/T3 respectively - unless something REALLY nice came along - and IMO neither of these fit into that category for me.)

But I agree with the rest of the posters here so far - I wouldn't feel like throwimg any of my Dilithium into either one.

Awarded:

For clarity; unless by exception we will not be running special projects until we reach T5 as per our fleet poll ##http://tosfleet.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8940757&p=32303807&gid=205090#32303807

oh i was just reading the news and said... hohoho this one is the one of the year... you know what i think about decorations... but this time... 200k dili by 1 exocom... i guess they went too far ...only can be left behind if "project oxygen" is added >.<

anyway the ferasan looks badass, and is so useful as morn... so it's a maybe into the list i guess >.<
Vexashen
Vexashen
Fleet Council

Awarded:

The fleet poll has decided our direction. All these projects will come around again and we can get them all later. For now just getting both fleets to t5 will be our priority.

Jump to: