Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Visitor Stateroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hom .
Captain

re: looking to come onboard

Hello there, im a 45 year old Scottish male with a love for phasers and photon torpedos Happy i have just applied to hopefully join up looking forward to experienceing brave new worlds and meeting new lifeforms. Looking to get involved with all aspects of fleet life
chrisroark
Captain

You sound kinda young there, mate, but as long as you don't fall out of your perambulator we can probably use ya.
Welcome, eh.
Hom .
Captain

compared to some of you guys i guess im still a pup, turned 45 four days ago, and the image of me in a pram 6ft 2 and 19stone, just wait untill you experience the Glasgow accent mid battle twisted (if you think klingon is hard to understand wait to you hear me),thanks for speedy welcome, ps im dislexic and suffer when it comes to writing about myself, love to talk if anyone can understand my accent thanks
Lomax6996

Naw... yer the pup, mate. I just turned 56... I prefer to think of it as 30-56 heheheh. I'm in and from Texas but lived in England 3 years long ago. I'll give understanding your accent a go... betcha it won't be as tough as you think. Either way we'll sort 'er out <grin>. Look forward to seeing ya in the Black and blowing stuff up with ya... right now I have two characters in the Fleet: Butch in TOS: Veterans and Keth in the Qan Mang. My game handle is @Lomax6996, feel free to add me as a friend if you like. Good Hunting!
Richard Trent
STO_Armsman
Commodore

Lomax6996 wrote:
Naw... yer the pup, mate. I just turned 56... I prefer to think of it as 30-56 heheheh. I'm in and from Texas but lived in England 3 years long ago. I'll give understanding your accent a go... betcha it won't be as tough as you think. Either way we'll sort 'er out <grin>. Look forward to seeing ya in the Black and blowing stuff up with ya... right now I have two characters in the Fleet: Butch in TOS: Veterans and Keth in the Qan Mang. My game handle is @Lomax6996, feel free to add me as a friend if you like. Good Hunting!

Now I don't feel so bad about turning 50 next week - I thought I was one of the really older folks in this Fleet (along with just a few others about my age envy )

STO_Armsman wrote:
Lomax6996 wrote:

Now I don't feel so bad about turning 50 next week - I thought I was one of the really older folks in this Fleet (along with just a few others about my age envy )

They say 50 is the new 30, so we're not old. Seriously the rate of advancement in medical tech these days means 50 is now middle aged... and by the time you hit 80 I guarantee that things will have changed so much that the whole concept of aging will be undergoing radical revision. It's one of the things that Trek was WAYYYYYY to conservative about in their forecasts.
Loeken1
Captain

Lomax6996 wrote:
STO_Armsman wrote:
Lomax6996 wrote:

They say 50 is the new 30, so we're not old. Seriously the rate of advancement in medical tech these days means 50 is now middle aged... and by the time you hit 80 I guarantee that things will have changed so much that the whole concept of aging will be undergoing radical revision. It's one of the things that Trek was WAYYYYYY to conservative about in their forecasts.
SO that means 30's are the new teens. YAY MEEEEEE

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Visitor Stateroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum