Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Visitor Stateroom
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Oamore

re: TOS set up for STO

Glad you'll give STO a "look see". I gamed with my wife for the last 5 years in SWG (7 year vet here), but can't get here into STO as yet. She didn't really like space in SWG and she's afraid that there is too much space in STO. (even tho I've shown and told here they are not the same).

Anyway, welcome aboard. Look forward to flying with you and yours.

darrincates
darrincates
Captain

re: STO

I think I'm ready to give STO a try as long as I can make it all TOS ..... I will probably pay for an account to avoid the ad based system .... Any suggestions on getting started for a total newb to STO? After I sign up, I'm thinking all I need extra is the Connie Ship, Connie bridge, and TOS era uniforms .... is that it to get started? - Thanks! Darrin
GDPR#2267948

re: GDPR#2267948

GDPR#2267948
mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Good to hear darrincates!! I was re-reading all of the questions and comments and I barely remember all of this but now it is making me all nostalgic as well as SUPER excited to about some of the people coming back for the new free to play format. There have been LOTS of changed in the last year so you are all coming back at a good time.

Just remember moderation…

*SERVER IS BACK UP!!!*

Awarded:

The Original Series Bundle = 1,600 C-Points
This pack contains:
The Federation Starship Interior: The Original Series
Federation Bridge: The Original Series
Access to the Federation Shuttlecraft Class F with included pet
Black-and-white TOS-style Type 2 Phaser Variant that increases in effectiveness as you level!

Players purchasing the Class F shuttle also get a non-combat Class F pet that can be launched from your starship. The non-combat pet cannot be launched from any small craft.

The Class F shuttle:
Minimum Command Rank: Lieutenant
Crew: 5
Weapons: 2 Fore
Device Slots: 1
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Ensign Universal
Console Upgrades: 1 Tactical, 1 Science, 1 Engineering
Base Turn Rate: 24 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.20
Hull Strength: 5,000 base; increases in effectiveness as you level.
Blue Phaser Bank with 360-degree range of fire that increases in effectiveness as you level.
Photon Torpedo Launcher that increases in effectiveness as you level.

After purchase, claim your Class F shuttle from any of the Federation shuttle vendors on Earth Spacedock, Starbase 39 or Deep Space 9.
Limited Time Offer!

Purchase the Value Bundle TODAY and you'll also receive:
Federation Costume Pack: TOS Dress Uniform
Federation Costume Pack: TOS Medical Uniform
Federation Costume Pack: TOS Command Tunic

Or Separately:

USS Enterprise = 400 C-Points
The classic Federation starship of the 23rd century, this ship is for officers who want the classic look with up-to-date firepower.

Minimum Command Rank: Lieutenant
Crew: 200
Weapons: 2 Fore, 1 Aft
Device Slots: 2
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Ensign Tactical; 1 Ensign Engineering; 1 Ensign Science
Console Upgrades: 1 Tactical, 1 Science, 2 Engineering
Base Turn Rate: 11.4 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.20
Hull Strength: 12,000
+5 Power to all Subsystems
23rd Century blue phasers that increase in level as player does.

The Original Series Uniform = 440 C-Points
Do you dream of the classic uniforms of the 23rd century? Do you believe that exploration is best done in a miniskirt and knee boots? Then you need The Original Series costume pack!

TOS Command Tunic = 440 C-Points
Famed Starfleet Captain James T. Kirk favored this wraparound tunic. Now captains of the 25th century can wear it too! This uniform pack includes the tunic, trousers and boots.

TOS Medical Uniform = 440 C-Points
Patching up phaser burns or looking for a vaccine for an alien virus? You need the classic style used by physicians and nurses in the 23rd century! This uniform pack includes two tops, a TOS-era medical badge, trousers, skirt and boots.

TOS Dress Uniform = 440 C-Points
Perfect for displaying your Starfleet Award for Valor or Palm Leaf of Axanar Peace Mission, this uniform pack includes three dress tunics, five medal groupings, trousers and boots.c

*Note: Costume pieces from this pack may be used only in uniform costume slots. Purchase of this option unlocks these costumes for every Federation character on an account

re: Re: STO

Stewie1701 wrote:
... I can look up how much points that bundle is tho, or the Connie.
That would be great! - I have no idea what I'm getting into, but I can't get it off my brain! ... I figure about $50- $60 to get everything to make it all seem as TOS as possible? .. including sign up? ... After I actually sign up (next week) I'll probably be asking more questions, and am glad you all are TOS purists who are willing to help a newb get going ... I've played the crap out of BC (all TOS'ed out) and EF (all TOS'ed out) for years now, so I'll be in for the long haul with STO .... and SO glad to have a community like this who is tolorant of a TOS purist!
darrincates
darrincates
Captain

marklb wrote:
Good to hear darrincates!! ... Just remember moderation…
Thanks Mark! ... Will do! ... I hope you don't mind putting a newb under you guys wing so to speak!
darrincates
darrincates
Captain

marklb wrote:
The Original Series Bundle = 1,600 C-Points
Thank YOU for outlining exactly what I need! I'll get the bundle for sure ... and the three TOS uniforms mentioned after since I missed the boat for today deal .... I won't be able to do this until Sunday at the ealiest as I will be in the studio Friday and Sat ... scheduled for overdubbs Sunday, but I'll just lay it all down perfectly Sat so the sound guy won't need me sunday ...
marklb wrote:
*Note: Costume pieces from this pack may be used only in uniform costume slots. Purchase of this option unlocks these costumes for every Federation character on an account
I don't know what that means, but I'm sure I'll find out! - thanks again for getting me the right info ... it all seems a bit overwhelming compared to just playing BC or EF .... I appreciate the jumpstart! - I can't wait! ... Can I call one of you if I want someone to "hold my hand" as I sign up and get all set up? I'm serious! - I'm almost too scared to get started! Nervous! ... I will have NO idea what to do, where to go or how to do it once I DO get it all set up! ... one thing for sure will be the keybinding for the 1st person view as I get sea sick with over the shoulder camera .... Thanks in advance! PS Wife and I just finished watching all 77-78? episodes in order of air date from bluray this week ... took us over three months!
mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Cool!

Please ask any of us for help at any time. Set up the TOS Veterans Fleet chat up right away and anyone that is in-game from all three fleets (TOS, TNG Veterans and the TOS Qan Mang Fleets) can see your comments.
http://stotosveteransfleet.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6913140&gid=205090

Just to clarify, ALL of the TOS uniforms come with the bundle. Just so you don't buy them twice. (just not the mirror universe uniform ;)

darrincates wrote:
I don't know what that means, but I'm sure I'll find out!

This just means you only have to buy it once and all your players can have it.

See you on your TOS bridge!!

marklb wrote:
... Set up the TOS Veterans Fleet chat up right away ...
Will Do! That will be a great help ... Mumble huh? ... After I sign up, I'll be in touch! ... Thanks again! - Darrin
mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

That is GREAT!!

I get a big kick in hearing all of the funny accents ;)

Jeff (of Darthjef fame) did some research and decided to give Mumble a try. He bought and paid for a 35 seat Mumble Server out of his own money and I am really impressed with the sound quality.

If yous set it up you will notice that only us Canadians speak without a funny accent, Ehh! ;)

marklb wrote:
... you will notice that only us Canadians speak without a funny accent, Ehh! ;)
... haha! I'm in Maine! , and have driven to Canada many times ... I live further north than some southern parts of Canada ... and I've got a bit of a Downeast accent .... Happy TTYS! - Darrin
darrincates
darrincates
Captain

re: Here Goes!

I have signed up and paid for Digi Gold edition ... I just applied the TOS Shirt in the player initial set up! ... here goes!
darrincates
darrincates
Captain

SO I played all through the night and got the tutorial level done ....

Awesome Graphics, super smooth gameplay 1920 x 1200 ... 16X / 16X and I bound the right keys to give me 1st person view when I want!

I paid for the TOS bundle, and I did get the type II phaser and the Connie ship, but even though I apply the TOS brisge to it, when I "go to your bridge' it loads the standard .... it says I need to pay again to get it installed, but there is a green check by it when selecting showing I own it ... I double checked to be sure I didn't accidently apply it to the default ship, but that one loads the standard bridge as well? ...

I will jump on again (player name darrincates) and see if I did something wrong ... When I go to external view it DOES show the TOS Connie that came with the bundle ... just wrong bridge and uniforms!

Also, Even though I was going to choose the Science Officer as Bridge Officer, It gave me the female tactical officer instead! as Bridge officer .... Can I change that?

Also, Also, I looked for ... , but don't know how to find .... the TOS Veterans Chat room in game ... I see many other chat rooms, but non were labeled TOS Veterans .... I have Mumbled installed, but have not run it yet .....

Wish me luck! - and thanks for the help! - Darrin

mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

You get the connie from the shipyards. Claim ship and then go to the other guy to "make it current" and then you are all ready.

For the phaser, you press the c-store button on the left side bottom of your mini-map and then find the bundle (in legacy unlocks) and click "Buy" it will add the phaser to your inventory. Every time you press it you will get one so your entire crew can be equipped with a phaser that will level with you.

Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum