Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Captain's Quarters (Character Bios)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vexashen
Vexashen
Fleet Council

Awarded:

re: Vexashen / D'Vhir

First off I need to give full credit for this to Elric. I gave him a free reign with Vex and then gave him some really out there ideas on D'vhir and how I wanted him to go from the JJ-verse in the past to the 2409 timeline in the prime universe.

So with much thanks to Elric again heres what he came up with.

In Sol year 2208, in the Romulan city of Rateg, a child was born to M'Stred and Gella Noramerr. The child was the first son of M'Stred and he was so elated he named him after his grandfather; D'vhir. D'vhir grew up a fairly normal child of the Romulan Star Empire. At a young age, he showed an aptitude for math and strategy. He also showed a fiery temper and a burning desire to succeed. So much so, that on his 16th birthday, the proconsul of the district the Noramerr family lived in sponsored the young Romulan to the Imperial Romulan Officer Academy.
D'vhir, apprehensive of leaving his home and family behind, at first declined. His father begged him to reconsider due to the fact that if you did not accept such a prestigious sponsorship, you would be considered a dissident and one whom was not willing to serve the Romulan Star Empire. The Tal Shiar took extra special notice of such individuals and their family's, his father told him, and if D'vhir would not do it for himself, he must do it for the safety of M'Stred and Gella! Not wishing to see his father or mother hurt combined with his burning desire for success won out. D'vhir left for the Academy the following week.
Six years later Sub-Lieutenant D'vhir Noramerr graduated with honor from the IROA. His first posting in the Imperial Romulan Navy was to the Bird of Prey, IRS Gal Gath'thong. His service aboard the ship was exemplary and he quickly received promotion to Lieutenant and then to Sub-Commander. By the end of his 4 year tour with the Gal Gath'thong, he had become Chief Tactical Officer of the Bridge. The captain of the Gal Gath'thong was then ready for retirement, and it was standard practice of the IRN that when a captain of an older ship retires,the ship is retired with him.
Now 4 years into his military career, in Sol year 2232, Sub-Commander D'vhir found himself with an excellent reputation as an officer, but no posting. Fortunately for him, the Flagship of the Empire, the IRS Chula, needed a First Officer and D'vhir quickly found himself a the top of a very short list of candidates. After the Captain of the Chula reviewed the records of each officer on the list, he quickly offered the job and a promotion to D'vhir. He quickly accepted and Commander D'vhir found himself as the XO on the latest, most technologically advanced Warbird in the Imperial Navy.
One year later, the Chula found itself on the outskirts of Klingon space. It had been cloaked and shadowing the moves of a Federation cruiser, NCC-0514, USS Kelvin. The captain, wanting to capture a Federation ship, was about to give the order to uncloak and attack. As the boarding parties were getting ready on the Chula, a mysterious phenomenon manifested off the bow of the ship. As it grew, lightning seemed to blast away from the opposite side of the anomaly. As the crew of the Chula scrambled to back the ship from the event horizon, the forward sensor array of the Warbird registered what appeared to be large rigid tentacles protruding from the other side of what was quickly growing into a large quantum singularity.
As D'vhir relayed the order to back off at full impulse, the gravity well of the full fledged black hole grabbed the Chula. From the other side of the event horizon, a very large ship was emerging, and that was the last thing any of the crew of the Chula remember observing as the ship was swallowed by the singularity.

On Stardate 84471.6, June 22, 2407 by the old Earth calendar, exactly 20 years to the day after the disappearance of the Narada and the Jellyfish, the USS Fortner, NCC-93639, cruised by the Hobus super nova remnant at warp 8.5. A perimeter alert on the Conn station started sounding and the Lieutenant at the station turned to his captain.
“Captain Horsmen,” started the officer, “There is an anomaly forming off our starboard bow. It is showing high levels of Chronometric particles.”
“All stop and back us off, Lieutenant,” Replied the Captain. Turning to his science officer he continued, “Commander Casha, please perform a level one scan of that anomaly. Please pay special attention to any temporal distortion tha....”
The Captain was cut off by the young Ensign at the tactical station. “Captain! There is something emerging from the anomaly!”
“Red Alert!”
The empty space in front of the Stargazer class ship erupted in a cascade of light and flashes that seemed to tear space/time. The rip continued to grow and distort until it seem large enough to swallow the cruiser. As the anomaly expanded exponentially and rushed towards the Fortner, the Captain frantically tried to get his ship backed out of harms way. Just before the edge touched the saucer section of the Fortner, in a brilliant flash, the anomaly collapsed in on itself and knocking out the forward sensor array.
“Engineering, where are my Sensors!” exclaimed Captain Horsmen.
“Captain,” the speakers on the bridge crackled to life, “What ever that energy burst was, it knocked out the isolinear relays from the sensor array all the way to the nacelles. We are blind, Sir, but I think I can use the interlink system that connects all the terminals on the ship to the computer core as a temporary surrogate for the sensor signal.”
“How long, Commander?” Horsmen asked of his Chief Engineer.
“I need at least an hour, sir.”
“Get on it, Commander,” the Captain turned to his young tactical officer, “Ensign, sound general quarters and take a security team to secure all decks. We need to make sure we are not boarded while we are blind,”
“Aye Sir!” Responded the Ensign as he ran towards the turbolift.
“Com, open a channel to the ship.” Captain Horsmen paused a moment to allow his com officer to comply, “Crew of the Fortner, this is the Captain. Until our current crisis is resolved, I am calling general quarters. All nonessential personnel must return to quarters and arm yourselves with type one phasers in case of boarding. All remaining duty officers and crew also need to arm themselves and remain alert. Thank you.”
The young Ensign, Maximilian Asheen, rode the turbolift to the crew deck, there he was met by 6 other security personnel. Without a word, one officer and 6 enlisted men made straight for the armory. Arming themselves to the teeth, they began the sweep of the ship, starting on the crew deck. As they started the sweep, Ensign Asheen hit his com badge
“Ensign Asheen to all security personnel. This is not a drill. I am starting my sweep of the ship on the crew deck. I will sweep from the fore turbolift to the aft compartments on each deck. I need to be met at the turbolift by each detail assigned to each deck. As my team and I sweep, the crew assigned to security on each deck will be responsible for taking up guard positions in my wake and holding them until general quarters has been dropped. Please check in if you understand.”
As Asheen and his team left the armory he got check in's from all teams on all decks. Making his way to the for turbolift with his team behind, the sweep was underway. At the turbolift he was met by three security guards who saluted and fell instep behind his team. One remained at the turbolift and the other two followed. At each intersection, two of his team would head in each direction and two would stay with him. At the halfway point of each deck, one of the security guards assigned to the deck would stop and hold position. The last would hold position at the aft compartment on each deck. This way, the deck was secured and Asheen would move to the next deck. Halfway through this process, on the engineering deck, all hell broke loose.
The Fortner shook violently as a torpedo struck the hull. Asheen and his team were knocked to the deck plating. Green fire erupted from the plasma conduits and relays all over the ship. Asheen got to his feet as quickly as he possibly could. Just as he got to his feet, another torpedo struck the ship right at the convergence of the 4 nacelles. Main engineering was exposed to vacuum, all personnel not killed instantly were sucked into space, and the warp core cracked. With no one alive near the warp core, it quickly started to overheat. As red alert blared, the computer voice started:
“Breach eminent. Warp containment will be lost in 2 minutes. Evacuate to minimum safe distance. This is not a drill.” Over and over.
Asheen slapped his com badge, “Asheen to bridge, please respond. Asheen to bridge, please respond!”
Getting no answer and knowing that the closest escape pods were near the fore of the deck, he gave the order to his team to abandon ship. The six security crew and their officer took off running towards the pods. Making it with 1 minute and 30 seconds to breach, they all climbed into one of the pods, secured the hatch and fired the pod into space.
All seven crew of the now doomed USS Fortner looked at the view screen with mouths agape. A Romulan Warbird from what looked like 200 years ago was swooping in for the kill shot on the Fortner. The upper two nacelles were already detached and blasted into space flotsam. The saucer section had three gaping holes in the outer rim and the bridge was nothing but a charred scar on the hull. As the small escape pod made minimum safe distance, the Warbird's front torpedo bay belched one final time and a high yield plasma torpedo made it's way lazily towards the hapless Fortner. It drifted in space for what seemed like forever and finally impacted the center of what was left of the hull. Instantly the core breached and in a blinding flash, NCC-93639, the USS Fortner, was no more.
Asheen used the escape pods limited sensors to scan for other escape pods that might hold survivors. There were none. Ensign Maximilian Asheen and his security detail were the sole survivors.

On board the IRS Chula, Commander D'vhir watched in satisfaction as the high yield plasma torpedo finished off the Starfleet vessel.
“Commander,” started Chula's captain, “What do you make of that vessel? I've not seen the like in any of the Tal Shiar's reports concerning the advances of Federation military technology. I believe we were luck to have recovered from that strange anomaly before that ship did. We may not have been a match for it.”
“I do not know, My Captain,” replied D'vhir, “But in doing a detailed scan of the debris, I've located and escape pod with humanoid life signs on board, perhaps they could shed some light on that advanced design.”
“Quite right, Commander, beam the escape pod directly to our starboard fighter bay. I would like you to go there personally and oversee the interrogation. Get that information Commander.”
“It shall be done, My Captain.” replied D'vhir as he exited the bridge to head to the fighter bay.
D'vhir arrived at the bay just as the pod was materializing in a force field bubble and being remotely shut down by crew in the fighter bay. He walked up to the outside of the pod and waited for his guards and the all clear from the bay crew. As D'vhir's guards approached, the noise in the bay was drowned out by whine of multiple transporter materialization’s all around him and the pod. What appeared to be soldiers in Starfleet uniforms, but completely unfamiliar uniforms to D'vhir, materialized with all weapons firing.
His guards immediately drew weapons, as did D'vhir, and returned fire. It seemed to D'vhir that even though his disruptor beams struck his targets, not a single Starfleet officer seem to be phased at all. In fact to D'vhir's acute Romulan eyes, it seemed that small shields of some sort were appearing from no where two to three inches from the targets and absorbing all of the disruptor fire. As he jumped for cover, an orange blast seared into his chest and he lost consciousness.

Asheen awoke at the same time with a start. A cortical stimulant in a hypospray wrenched him back to consciousness. He recognized right away that he was in a medical bay on board a ship. To Asheen, however, it looked like nothing he had ever seen, even at on of Starfleet's most advanced starbase's. A young woman finished administering the hypo and stepped away. In her place was a human in his late 20's to early 30's.
“Hello Mr. Asheen” started the young man, “My name is Agent Franklin. I came here today to this time to retrieve you. Your security detail was an added bonus. Most unfortunate accident the Fortner had, don't you think, Max? Having you and your detail in the escape pod should have made this an easy extraction. But I was completely unprepared for Mr. Romulan and his antique Warbird over here.”
Asheen started with questions, but Franklin motioned him silent with a wave of his hand.
“Starfleet records from 2 years ago report that the Fortner was lost with all hands while flying by the Hobus super nova remnant exactly 20 years after that star blew and took Romulus with it. I came here today to offer you a job. I work for Section 31 and I come from 2 years in the future. I need a few more officer's commanding starships for Section 31. Looking at your brief career in Starfleet and the fact that you have no immediate family to speak of, I thought you'd make a great addition to our ranks. Perhaps Greenblood over here wouldn't do bad in Project Christopher either....He'd get to kill Klingons...”
“Anyway, I digress. Your security team can be your bridge officers if you like, but first you have to go through some intensive training in temporal mechanics, Starship command, Section 31, and Project Christopher. What say you Mr. Asheen? Care to save the universe from the Klingon Empire?”
After a moment's thought, Ensign Asheen slowly nodded, “Agent Franklin, you have a Captain!”
“I am happy to hear that, Ensign. The other alternative would have been to eject you out the airlock because you are now officially dead.” Franklin finished with a sly chuckle.
“One more thing, you also need to loose your birth name. Can't have a dead starfleet officer running around 2 years after his death, can we? Let me see....hmmm....Maximilian Asheen....Max Asheen....I know, how about Vexashen!”
“From this day on Vexashen, you have no past, no future and no identity. You are classified!”

Awarded:

"You are classified!”

I LOVE it!!! Nice work both of you!

Awarded:

Hey Vex thanks for the props man

Anyway, I had fun doing it, and we have an idea for a part II

Q'aplaH!
Aaron

Dahar Master Myr'Sendri (KDF main, Tac DPS'er)

Diplomacy is the fine art of saying "Nice Doggy" while finding a big stick....

Illigitimi Non Carborundum!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Captain's Quarters (Character Bios) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: