View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan (mygod_itsfullofstars)
Fleet Duty Officer

re: Upcoming JFE?

Hey all,

The Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet is putting together another Joint Fleet Event. The proposed date is, right now, September 25, which is a Sunday.

The last one was a lot of fun.

I was curious how this date works for people. This time around, the plan is to run some Borg Encounters and possibly attempt a run at the Crystaline Entity.

So let me know how this date works.

Best to all,

DPT
Jaarod
Maarkean
Diplomat

Sounds fun. Depends on the time.

The Rogue Blogger
Rogue Imagination Store
Twitter: @WayneBasta
Sky Falls In Thunder
paynesgrey
Fleet Duty Officer

Is it afternoon or evening? Afternoon might work for me, but my Night Before Workdays shut down early. 10 hour day is great except for that bit...
Dan (mygod_itsfullofstars)
Fleet Duty Officer

If it's on the same model as last time, it's an all-day event to accomodate people in multiple time zones (and continents). Usually, there's one person responsible for organizing morning events and another responsible for the afternoon.
TamReese
Captain

I'm definitely interested. As we get closer I can give a more specific answer.

I'd be interested, but I'll only be available in the evening.

On a side note...re: the Crystalline Entiy, I was honestly kind of hoping that our first time finishing it would have been exclusively completed by our fleet. Beating the Crystalline Entity is so difficult that being able to say "TOS Veterans takes down the CE" in our news section would have been really cool promo material for recruiting new member as well as giving our existing members a sense of pride in their own fleet.

Regardless, this is only one man's opinion, and I could also see us promoting this event as "TOS Veterans teams up with VKF to beat the CE"....doesn't have the same pop IMO, but can still be promoted as an interesting coop.

My preference would be either to do a different fleet action, or to do a "friendly" PvP event.

Sorok wrote:
On a side note...re: the Crystalline Entiy, I was honestly kind of hoping that our first time finishing it would have been exclusively completed by our fleet. Beating the Crystalline Entity is so difficult that being able to say "TOS Veterans takes down the CE" in our news section would have been really cool promo material for recruiting new member as well as giving our existing members a sense of pride in their own fleet.

I can definitely see us and, if the previous JFE is any indication, we won't have to engage in any particular part. We can just drop in and out as it suits us. I was only able to log on for a little while last time, just long enough to do SB24. I logged on later in the day and something else was going on.

We can certainly make suggestions too. Last time (I wasn't there for this) they did some ship vs. shuttle PvP matches. I'm sure any suggestions we have to offer would be welcome.

Also, this will probably involve us, the VKF, Federation Fleet, and 3rd Fleet, among others. That will dilute the bragging rights even more.

I'd suggest we probably don't take part in the CE as a fleet then (though individuals may want to give it a go). I'd also like us to beat it as a group for the first time (and while I wasn't there last time, I'll be sure to make time for our next run at it--I've been thinking about the similarities between the CE and Borg Encounters in Orelius).
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: