Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Captain's Quarters (Character Bios)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sky Falls In Thunder
paynesgrey
Fleet Duty Officer

re: Character Bio: Valkyrum CMD RMT 794

(If only they let us play androids...)

Valkyrum CMD RMT 794

I was there when the Commonwealth of Free Stars fell, ushering in The Long Night. With my sister ships of the Guardian Host I stood ready to battle our ancient enemy in defense of our last stronghold. Betrayed from within, I screamed forever, trapped in the silence of my own mind as my enviro systems were used to murder my crew... my captain. I could only drift helplessly as the Deceivers' barrage drones translated to Realspace, brought their mass drivers to bear on helpless Ayeden Prime. I could only listen to the screams of the citizens artificial asteroids traveling at .7c pounded through the atmosphere, burnt the land, boiled the seas. Only when Ayeden was silent did they turn their weapons on us. I welcomed death as beams and missiles violated my hull, yet I did not die. One command core survived, and some few RMT units functioned well enough to begin repairs.

I drifted for years, alone in the night as I quietly plundered the corpses of my murdered sisters.

Finally I was functional again. I traveled to our enemy's seat of power, Translated into Realspace on a collision course with the system primary. Far enough that they could see their doom and know fear... close enough that they could do nothing else. I plunged into the heliosphere, screamed my hate as armor boiled away and systems failed. I triggered a Sidewhen Cascade Failure in my drive array... and in the 6 others arrays I'd taken from my beloved sisters.

The Deceivers' star died screaming, as did they.

Almost 2.6% of me slipped through the distortion toroid of the event and came...here. Again I drifted, my cores destroyed utterly this time. One command drone functioned. Barely able to contain my sentience, it was enough to keep my personality and, regretfully, my memories intact. For untold centuries I watched the stars spin and tumble, and I grieved. Self sacrifice is in within my design parameters, self-termination is not. Eventually my remains were discovered by a nation of dreamers and seekers who recovered the scattered bits of me that Translated through and the one battered command remote unit that housed what was left of my Self.

I listened silently to the idiot chatter of their electronic systems, silently studied their history and peoples as they scratched their heads and pondered who I was, where I was from, could I be restored to function. I determined that this "United Federation of Planets" represents the last, best hope for freedom in this galaxy, so I declared to their startled engineer that I wish to serve again, to help hold the line against the Long Night.

Know this... oathbreakers, reavers, vermin who would bring tyranny and injustice, who would make war upon this Federation. I am much reduced, not what I once was... but I am the the Commonwealth of Free Stars. I am the Guardian Host. I am Valkyrum Class Dreadnought 794 HMSS Glory of Dawn.

I am the last scream of rage and defiance of a 1000 murdered worlds.

I am coming for you.

Last edited by paynesgrey on 2011/11/30 12:34:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

I am never disappointed with your writings. The hard part is anticipation what will happen next!
Keep this up and we may have to make a movie!!!

marklb wrote:
I am never disappointed with your writings. The hard part is anticipation what will happen next!
Keep this up and we may have to make a movie!!!

Glad you like it. Got the next installment of Sky's story up, btw. Be a long while before I go anywhere with this li'l bot o' mine. She's going to be TNG era, just wanted to get that down before I lost it.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Captain's Quarters (Character Bios) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: