View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Sky Falls In Thunder
paynesgrey
Fleet Duty Officer

re: December updates

On the rare occasions that I do go on a tear, at least on the STO forums I make a point of mentioning that I appreciate the good stuff they've done. "This is a problem because it hurts replayability..." approach. Although when it seems like there's a lot of chatter over an issue and no dev response, even a "we're looking int it" I do get testy. And salty. Takes me back to the old Everquest days and even WoW when Blizzard was saying things like "our new patch has revealed a previously unkown defect in these 14 brands of modems..." In the case of mission chaining issue, I did make a point of cheering over the news on the same threads I'd been bitching on. Only seemed fair, after all. But I do confess, till that chaining issue started gumming people up, I had no real worries about F2P but when it started looking like we wouldn't be able to skip missions in the Universal Chain that some Suit Desk Thing had demanded the Devs start putting in more timesinks or somesuch. Makes no sense, but cancelling Firefly seemed like a good idea to some executive, after all.

But all in all, STO's given me very little to gripe about. They've kept up on content, although the sale stalled that for a bit. The stuff coming with the F2P update is pretty darn awesome. DOffs, better crafting, finally a use for all those self sealing stembolts. Since the beta, I've been pretty happy with every change they've made.

But there were some real Troll Daddies in the Starbase zone chat today. One guy bragging about how he'd "hunt" F2P'ers until they quit and went to play SWTOR instead so STO would finally fail "like Cryptic DESERVES!". Another guy appears to maintain a subscription strictly so he can doomsay... "Foundy content doesn't count because it was written for free!" to the point where so many people reported him as a spammer that he got the boot. Angryprincess was the handle, I think. Boy sure as hell has too much time on his hands. It's like watching Fox or Olberman each and every night to have something to rage over.

Still, I think I'll make a point of making some positive comments over there in the STO forums tomorrow.
Richard Silk
Stuart (speedofheat)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

re: December updates

marklb wrote:
I don't mind when people get frustrated or vent it is just the same people complaining about the same thing and not moving on and even a thoughtful gesture like a "happy thanksgiving" or a "free desktop inage" turns out to be a negative thing.

I bet any change they make will hurt some people but it is just a game and there ate people on the other side of the forum that put thier heart into this game and they have to go home with thier families every day ;)

Well said, i think that was one of the most depressing posts i ever saw was "Happy thanksgiving" being turned into a gripe post ... and it's not even my holiday!

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: