Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Visitor Stateroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bottle0rum
Captain

re: Hello!

Hi everybody. I just applied after having a wonderful time last night with some of the members of your fleet.

Okay, that didn't sound right....

Anyway, I liked how we worked very well in missions together, and even had some fun during the downtime. I look forward to doing this again as a full member of the fleet.
mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Hey!! Welcome to the Mariner 10 spacestation. We are always looking all over the Galaxy for new Captain and even in different time quad rents.

We have received transmission of your Fleet application and we are in the process of processing it as I type this. We need clearance from a few officers and I will be contacting you shortly.

What missions were you working on and who were you flying with? It is nice to know that our Fleet Diplomats are working with other STO Captains to help secure the surrounding systems.

Awarded:

And speaking of our text RP squad... glad you decided to join, Jaczee! Let Skonn of Vulcan be among the first to welcome you to the fleet. Your talents are indeed an asset.

The crew of the Bloodwing and myself can vouch for the Commander, Captain Bailey.
Carmen les Toreadors

If you enjoyed the RP then you can safely consider yourselves to be part of a new generation of officers from the 25th Century - I was never able to whip up such major naval awesomeness in such a short period of time before.

It takes some work and willpower to want to do things differently from other RP guilds.

How different, well since you survived the Ark Royal battlegroup, have a look:

http://stotosveteransfleet.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8178337&p=29778897&gid=205090#29778897

The task force video log will be online in half an hour, if all goes well. It's not exactly a youtube video or a STO video, its a masterpierce. And you made it happen.

marklb wrote:

What missions were you working on and who were you flying with? It is nice to know that our Fleet Diplomats are working with other STO Captains to help secure the surrounding systems.

I think Mister Bailey, that should be very obvious Happy
Sky Falls In Thunder
paynesgrey
Fleet Duty Officer

Wait... there was RP and I missed it?
Carmen les Toreadors

And as promised, the video of the Ark Royal cruiser battlegroup on patrol in the Xarantine, Donia, and other systems in the Klingon theatre of operations.

For those wondering where is the RP?

The precise coordination of ship maneuvers and combined weapons fire on multiple vectors at once to achieve total battlespace dominance... is the direct result of roleplaying on the Captain's level.

And for those wondering if it was a planned event?

I planned to join TOS Veterans' and prove that I can run an event like that, no preparation no advertising, just pure 23rd Century James T. Kirk spontaneous butt kicking Happy

Trivia -

1:20+ of video - Check out @bottle0rum's perfectly timed Photonic Shockwave push a speeding Orion cruiser off my flank and into range of my 7x Tetryon pulse cannons!
Saedor7
Captain

Yes, we did work well together. Commander Hasbrough's old Excelsior, the USS Trident, took a heck of a beating at times but she held together like a warhorse. Happy
Carmen les Toreadors

Saedor7 wrote:
Yes, we did work well together. Commander Hasbrough's old Excelsior, the USS Trident, took a heck of a beating at times but she held together like a warhorse. Happy

And looked great on film too! Which is important! Erm, somehow :3
Sky Falls In Thunder
paynesgrey
Fleet Duty Officer

Wow. Great video. I'm really sorry I missed it. (Although frankly, my character is much better at fighting her ship than I am. I blow up a lot.

Carmen, I think you've already made yourself a great asset to a great fleet!
Carmen les Toreadors

paynesgrey wrote:
Wow. Great video. I'm really sorry I missed it. (Although frankly, my character is much better at fighting her ship than I am. I blow up a lot.

Carmen, I think you've already made yourself a great asset to a great fleet!

Thanks Mr. Grey, your vote of confidence is much appreciated.

We'll probably adopt a weekly schedule of task force deployments, so as to focus on quality and to create a realistic "planned surge" tempo of operations. Real combat forces can't be expected to run 100% all year without some sort of downtime for equipment maintenance, rest and training after all.

Feel free to chip in here to the pre-planning and formalization of the Mission RP task force.

As for the blowing up part - actually, you won't be blowing up much if we setup the event right. We had an Excelsior and a Olympic class (both very low level ships) alongside a level 30 Galaxy and a level 50 Borg Retrofit Sovereign. We just had the two smaller ships act like long range support vessels to engage enemy destroyers and frigates with while the Galaxy and Sovereign functioned as assault ships, the Sov with a conventional beam and torpedo loadout while the Galaxy had a SFB inspired "BCE" configuration with 4 tetryon cannons and 3 turrets for overwhelming barrage fire.
Sky Falls In Thunder
paynesgrey
Fleet Duty Officer

My gametime is pretty hit or miss, given She Who Must Be Obeyed's preference for letting people come into our house and make noises I'm expected to respond to, but I hope to jump in here or there when you've room. Plus I'm spending more time on art and writing, a condition I blame this fleet for since they're the ones that infected me with the RP bug.

My main is a tactical in a Odyssey class beamwagon, but my weapons aren't optimized. I'd crafted up a heap of X and XI phasers, but with my Gamma Quadrant set I really need to change loadouts to get the most of it. I've also got the "vintage" ships in my stable because, hey, TOS is TOS.
Carmen les Toreadors

No issues at all, your Odyssey would in all real world naval logic, be deployed as the centre-piece of a task force and not be expected to function in direct action against the enemy anyway. She and her large complement of civilians and valuable cargo are not to be risked.

That's actually the designed purpose of such gigantic vessels - actual 'battle' ships in post-modern 25th Century Trek appear to be the MVAEs and Defiant Retrofits anyway because they emphasize on raw DPS and dogfighting ability. Heck, I feel far less vulnerable in a Tier II Nova class than a supposedly more powerful Galaxy class anyway, because the small ship can engage and disengage at will while the big one just sits there getting pounded. This logic is also demonstrated in canon (VOY - Endgame) where Capt. Harry Kim totally outmatched two large Klingon warships by flying up their tails and firing at point blank range.

Close range brawling is best done with small heavy armed tactical gunboats backed by assault cruisers anyway! So don't fret, we won't let your Odyssey explode .
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Visitor Stateroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum