Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Visitor Stateroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Talia_Rachel
Captain

Awarded:

re: Looking for the right fleet

Hi,

Have been playing STO for long enough to decide that I am hooked. So the next thing is finding the right fleet. From your website, like the idea of an more grown up group (I meet the age requirements). Not that thrilled about the old style uniform (but can live with it).

Just a couple of questions, before I join or not.

I am UK based, do you have many players in my timezone ?

If I decide to join, how long does it take to get approved/recruited/drafted ?

Okay a little about me. Female (age somewhere between 30 and 38), working as a freelance consultant in project management and human resources. Can have some fantastic blonde moments. Has own opinions and not afraid to be heard. Also Scifi in my blood, even films/TV shows people would cringe at (Silent Running and Battle Beyond the Stars, are two for starters).

So, over to you. Any questions ?

Talia.
Skonn
Fleet Council

Awarded:

What's your favourite Trek series? What are some of your favourite episodes?

You can use the uniform of whatever show you like best, no don't fret over the TOS one.

I know of at least 4 people who are very active during GMT mornings... but since that is the time I wind down and log off, there may be quite few more.
Talia_Rachel
Captain

Awarded:

Skonn wrote:
What's your favourite Trek series? What are some of your favourite episodes?

You can use the uniform of whatever show you like best, no don't fret over the TOS one.

I know of at least 4 people who are very active during GMT mornings... but since that is the time I wind down and log off, there may be quite few more.

Like TOS and TNG (Hate Deanna Troi, airlock fodder)
TOS episodes - The Corbomite Maneuver, Spock's Brain and The City on the Edge of Forever
TNG - The first episode without Troi, first meeting with the Borg and the one with the tribbles and time travel.

Talia.
mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

We all have our blonde moments!

The idea of the Fleet uniforms was to have some sort of starting point. Since the Idea of the Fleet was started in the 23rd Century we originally had that as out "official" fleet uniform. Our naming it TOS (The Original Series) was b/c we all grew up with Kirk and Spock as OUR original series. Since then we have gotten more people and their "Original Series" may be TNG or DS9 so that is their TOS.

Fleet Officers to wear whatever Fleet Uniform that they feel most comfortable with. The Important thing that ties us all together is the Fleet Badges.

We currently have 8 members in the UK time zones and 4 of them are really active. We also have quite a few people that are on shift work from North America so on peek UK hours we usually have 4-8 people on.

We are really relaxed over here and have a lot of different aspects of the game going on so. The Fleet application is not a long one only gives us some information to know a little more about you and what you like so we can plan around it. Once you are accepted we like to keep our members as a cadet for 3-4 weeks before they have full banking privileges but that is the only restriction for new members. We are a social fleet first so we like to make sure that everyone fits with our group and that everyone is willing to be a part of the Fleet.

So really it is nice to have new people and I know that the UK Fleet members would really like to have one more to STF or do ground missions. Please let me know if you have any other questions or if I didn't answer these ones well enough. (some of us have focusing issues)

Awarded:

mark (James Bailey) wrote:
We all have our blonde moments!

The idea of the Fleet uniforms was to have some sort of starting point. Since the Idea of the Fleet was started in the 23rd Century we originally had that as out "official" fleet uniform. Our naming it TOS (The Original Series) was b/c we all grew up with Kirk and Spock as OUR original series. Since then we have gotten more people and their "Original Series" may be TNG or DS9 so that is their TOS.

Fleet Officers to wear whatever Fleet Uniform that they feel most comfortable with. The Important thing that ties us all together is the Fleet Badges.

We currently have 8 members in the UK time zones and 4 of them are really active. We also have quite a few people that are on shift work from North America so on peek UK hours we usually have 4-8 people on.
We are really relaxed over here and have a lot of different aspects of the game going on so. The Fleet application is not a long one only gives us some information to know a little more about you and what you like so we can plan around it. Once you are accepted we like to keep our members as a cadet for 3-4 weeks before they have full banking privileges but that is the only restriction for new members. We are a social fleet first so we like to make sure that everyone fits with our group and that everyone is willing to be a part of the Fleet.

Okay thanks for that. For the moment I will hold fire on the application (only because it is 24:30 here and I need sleep).

But as I am working from home tomorrow (today now), I should be able to find some time to apply.

Looking forward to joining and meeting more of the fleet.

Talia
Jaarod
Maarkean
Diplomat

Talia_Rachel wrote:

Awesome! We look forward to getting to know you!

The Rogue Blogger
Rogue Imagination Store
Twitter: @WayneBasta
Talia_Rachel
Captain

Awarded:

Maarkean wrote:
Talia_Rachel wrote:

Awesome! We look forward to getting to know you!

Hopefully you will not have too long to wait. Application already sent.

Talia.
Capt. Jerry

Welcome aboard!

mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

I tried to let you in a few hours ago but the server was down I am confident that you will be in by tomorrow.

Awarded:

In the words of Worf.

Tomorrow is a good day to join.

Talia,

----------------------------------
Sig on Risa shore leave.
Devika Sedush
SilkyDancer
Captain

Awarded:

Welcome to the fleet, Talia.

I'm about the youngest here, being just about to turn thi-thi-thi... one year older than 29 myself. Mark means what he says regarding the ages and what people have watched as far as Star Trek is concerned. My first Star Trek was actually the final few seasons of Voyager, and I saw Enterprise in its entirety (which is what I consider MY show, my TOS). Devika is from the 2150s as a result. So flaunt whatever ya got! If TNG is your thing, then do it. We're all here to have fun.

Just make sure you get some nerve tonic and join us on a table top at Drozana Station sometime wink

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum