View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard Trent
STO_Armsman
Commodore

re: Ambassador and Kamarag Fleet Variant Stats Posted

Well, they've posted the stats for the Fleet version of the Ambassador and Kamarag; and they're better than the T5 Anniversary mission versions. The cost is quite steep though:

Requirements to obtain:
Tier 3 Shipyard
20,000 Fleet Credits
4 Fleet Modules -- The Blog originally stated the cost was 5 FM -- but Borticus posted an update that it was an error -- the ship will cost 4 FM. (Still, for effectively one extra Sci Console Slot and the Eng. LT from the T5 Anniversary version modified to a Universal slot -- still seems a bit steep.)

Link to the Blog:
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=817881

Stats from the Blog:

Quote:
Ambassador Class Fleet Support Cruiser Retrofit

The Yamaguchi variant of the Ambassador Class Cruiser has been specifically designed to support your Fleet. Fleet Starships are built to the highest standard and have increased Hull Hit Points, Shield Strength and an additional Console slot. In comparison to its non-Fleet counterpart, it boasts a Lieutenant Universal station, in lieu of a Lieutenant Engineering station, and an additional Science Console slot.

In addition to these stat upgrades, the Fleet version of the Support Cruiser Retrofit will come default with a Yamaguchi configuration variant (in addition to being able to use the Ambassador design configuration), as well as a unique Fleet Material.

Faction: Federation
Rank Required: Vice Admiral
Availability: Fleet Shipyard (Tier 3)

Hull Strength: 43,450
Shield Modifier: 1.1
Crew: 700
Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
Device Slots: 4

Bridge Officer Stations:
1 Lieutenant Tactical
1 Ensign Tactical
1 Commander Engineering
1 Lieutenant Commander Science
1 Lieutenant Universal

Console Modifications:
3 Tactical
4 Engineering
3 Science

Base Turn Rate: 7 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.15
+5 to All Subsystem Power

Quote:
The K’maj variant of the Kamarag Battle Cruiser has been specifically designed to support your Fleet. Fleet Starships are built to the highest standard and have increased Hull Hit Points, Shield Strength and an additional Console slot. In comparison to its non-Fleet counterpart, it boasts a Lieutenant Universal station, in lieu of a Lieutenant Engineering station, and an additional Science Console slot.

In addition to these stat upgrades, the Fleet version of the Kamarag Battle Cruiser Retrofit will come default with a K’maj configuration variant (in addition to being able to use the Kamarag design configuration), as well as a unique Fleet Material.

Faction: Klingon
Rank Required: Lieutenant General
Availability: Fleet Shipyard (Tier 3)

Hull Strength: 38,500
Shield Modifier: 1.1
Crew: 700
Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
Device Slots: 3

Bridge Officer Stations:
1 Lieutenant Tactical
1 Ensign Tactical
1 Commander Engineering
1 Lieutenant Commander Science
1 Lieutenant Universal

Console Modifications:
3 Tactical
4 Engineering
3 Science

Base Turn Rate: 10.5 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.15
Can Equip Cannons
+10 Weapon Power, +10 Engine Power
Cloaking Device

Last edited by STO_Armsman on 2013/02/18 3:29:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Awarded:

5 fleet modules makes sense for someone who doesn't have the Excelsior, since they are getting the transwarp capability along with it, and don't need to move it from a C-store ship.

5 fleet modules for this ship is a bit surprising. Does it come with any console or innate abilities? I suppose not. I guess they are hoping the Ambassador fans get it to have a playable ship?
moronwmachinegun
Captain

Awarded:

Update!

Branflakes has confirmed 5 fleet modules was, in fact, an error, and that the ships will cost "only" 4.
Morgan West
-Protector-
Fleet Council

Awarded:

re: Re: Ambassador and Kamarag Fleet Variant Stats Posted

STO_Armsman wrote:
Well, they've posted the stats for the Fleet version of the Ambassador and Kamarag; and they're better than the T5 Anniversary mission versions.

And you're still gonna get it, right?

Isn't 4 fms the norm for ships that need a T3 shipyard?

Looks quite a tanky ship from the stats?

As to the reward T5 one, I have one on my Tac and one on my Eng, but very unlikely to ever use it as more than an ornament on my Tac. Still, another more trek looking ship is not to be sneered at.

Ven

re: Re: Ambassador and Kamarag Fleet Variant Stats Posted

-Protector- wrote:
STO_Armsman wrote:
Well, they've posted the stats for the Fleet version of the Ambassador and Kamarag; and they're better than the T5 Anniversary mission versions.

And you're still gonna get it, right?

Probably not - $20.00 per character is a lot to pay for an extra Sci console slot; and I'm fine with the Lt Eng. slot in place of the Universal, as I like the Eng powers I stuck there one the one Eng character that's using the T5 version of the ship atm.

Had they done a C-Store variant with a console, I probably would get that (account wide unlock) - and I'd then probably spend $5.00 on a couple of characters for the Fleet version.

They may sell a few down the road to players who like the layout and missed getting the free T5 version; and there may be some PvPers who see an advantage in some way - but honestly, the decision not to release a C-Store version of the Ambassador class baffles me from a money making perspective, and I think combining that with a Fleet version would net them a better 'payday' on te Ambassador overall.

Awarded:

It actually makes sense to me...many if not most toons will already have the free t5 ship, some will want an improved version and will be willing to pay for the upgrade, and it costs cryptic very little work to deliver it.

Now, the t5 in the cstore is kind of loose loose from cryptics pov, they will get very little return on it, as most people will have run the mission, and then there will be the geek-rage at either charging for what is clearly a free ship or undermining the value of the player time investment in getting the new ship for free and it being special or similar...

Of course as they get more and more new players, who demand the t5 version, they can point to that in 6-12 months and say look we hear you there is the ship in the cstore...at again essentially zero cost to them... Either technically or emotionally from having to deal with the outrage on the forums....

Jump to: