View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you participate in a Friday night fleet foundry event
Yes, I'm in
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
No, I don't care for foundry missions
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
It sounds like something I'd show up for every now and then.
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 14

Breakout
Fleet Duty Officer

Awarded:

re: Foundry Friday's. Testing the climate?

Hello Fleeties

One thing I love to do is run foundry missions. I've found they add a lot of depth and flavor to my gaming and overall Terk feel of the game. I'm offering to facilitate a Friday night fleet event for foundry missions if there is enough interest.

It would be similar to the Book club in format. I would post early in the week 1 or two missions, or a multi part mission arc. Along with the names and authors I would also post any particulars of the mission. ( if it's klingon, Fed, a solo or group, and space, ground or non combat mission.

Then on Friday we can set aside play time For example 5-6pm PST then discussion time 6-9pm... We could/would discuss story, technical expertise and or any other facet of the missions.

* Note I am not a foundry author (yet) I just enjoy the missions and like to find good stories.. perhaps if some Foundry developers want to team up and co facilitate the discussion then we can analyze the mission from creator and player points of view..

Please leave feedback if you would be interested in this type of event.
Peace
Duggan@Breakout
Richard Trent
STO_Armsman
Commodore

I selected - "Every now and then" - not because I'm not interested (I am); but a lot of tiimes I go out to a movie or dinner on Fridays, so I definately would not be there for such a Fleet event every Friday.

I put in "now and Then' as well. I'm definately interested, but fridays can be tricky for me as well.
joto7000
Captain

This seems pretty interesting- Friday night will not work some weeks due to my erratic work schedule, but I can probably make some every now and them. I have very much enjoyed a number of foundry missions and have ideas along those lines... alas, I don't really have time to learn the foundry creation tools right now- most of my gaming time is set aside for the acquisition of fleet marks and EDC's!! ;)
Elric71
Fleet Council

Awarded:

I put "now and then" as well. The Foundry is a great tool, and there are some really great missions. However, the rewards for them are not up to snuff. When you are leveling, there are many other missions (albiet not as well done) that give much more XP. Once you hit VA and XP really doesn't matter, there are missions (again, not as well done) that give dilithium that are quicker.

Given that, I still do Foundry missions when I am in the mood for a good story, so...."Every now and then" is my choice Happy

Q'apla'!

Dahar Master Myr'Sendri (KDF main, Tac DPS'er)

Diplomacy is the fine art of saying "Nice Doggy" while finding a big stick....

Illigitimi Non Carborundum!
Melawil
Captain

Awarded:

Likewise, I put "now and then" because my game time can be pretty unpredictable. That said, I do love running good foundry missions...
Skonn
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Count me in!
KDF_Zeitgeist
Captain

Count me as another "now and then", my work schedule is erratic at best, but I would interested on occasion.

TaithZero
Captain

I'm a sucker for a good story and I like the Trek universe (as one might expect with me being here). I've never given the Foundry a go, but I'd certainly take Fleet recommendations onboard.

If anyone is interested in trying the Foundry in the UK evening hours, I'd be up for trying it.

Captain

I would be interested in such a thing but like Breakout, I would not be available every Friday due to work and social obligations.
Indelible
Captain

Sounds good to me! Would be cool to actually play someone elses story

Incurus
DustyAce
Captain

yesterday night... pvp night... i was online one hour and a half ...my wife called me 2 times, my kid finally toke me out of the keyboard... i've no face to said "i'l be there!!" when i'l probly will drop afkish suddenly in the middle of the mission ...but hell yeah i wanna run'em!
Beamer-meepmeep189
Diplomat

If that event is open to people you have an alliance with, I'd love to attend. Happy

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: