Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Captain's Quarters (Character Bios)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devika Sedush
SilkyDancer
Captain

Awarded:

re: Dhael's Story

Ensign Jhu Harvi stopped briefly at the Ocampan lieutenant's desk outside the admiral's office to hand over her dispatch orders. At a nod from Lieutenant Linnea, she passed through the door. Nervously, the Romulan approached Admiral Quinn's desk in his office aboard the Earth Space Dock, mindful of how her racial appearance was probably heightening the tensions of the M.A.C.O. troopers standing at attention just outside.

Stopping before the desk, Jhu snapped off an Academy-perfect salute, holding it until the man behind the desk responded. Admiral Jorel Quinn returned the salute, then smiled as the woman before him stood stiffly at attention.

"At ease, Ensign," the Trill admiral said, and Jhu relaxed into a parade-rest stance. He looked at his terminal screen for a moment, then looked up at the young ensign.

"I've been reading the reports about what happened at Vega. Terrible thing to have lost Captain Qat'Anmek like that. But it seems that you overcame a bad situation and led the ship to a successful resolution of the battle and the aftermath, Ensign Harvi. That was a stellar job, given the circumstances." The admiral steepled his fingers in front of his lips, regarding her.

Swallowing, she replied "Thank you, sir. I only did what the Academy trained me to do. And the Osprey has a fine crew, sir. They deserve as much of the credit as I do."

"Hmmm... Yes, well, I spoke to Commandant Meyer down at the Academy and asked him to send me your transcripts. It must not have been easy for you there, being a... well..."

"A Rihannsu, sir?" Jhu finished his comment. "No, it wasn't. But it also wasn't harder than neither I nor my parents expected it to be. We knew that there were going to be a lot of hurdles for me to overcome, sir. But Starfleet has accepted into its ranks many of those who were once considered pariahs. Klingons, Ferengi, Cardassians. A hundred years ago, no one would have expected to find any of those people here either." She shrugged. "Times change."

Admiral Quinn nodded. "Yes, yes they do. Commandant Meyer gave me nothing but glowing recommendations in his reports about you... well, other than this one incident at the 602 Club...?"

The ensign winced and fidgeted, and Jorel chuckled. "It's okay, Lieutenant Harvi. Between you and me, I had a couple of those types of blackmarks on my record when I was in the Academy, oh..., a lifetime ago. And it didn't seem to keep me from landing here in this office."

Jhu looked at him, eyes showing disbelief that an officer of Admiral Jorel Quinn's reputation and distinguished career could ever have... "Just a moment, sir. Did you just say... lieutenant?"

The admiral grinned broadly and sat back in his chair. "Yes, yes I did. Upon reviewing your records, and based on the reports from Vega upon on the recommendations of Commandant Meyer, Commander Davis aboard the Khitomer, Captain Alcott from the Seacole, and Commander Kelly at the colony on Vega IX, Starfleet has decided to promote you to the rank of lieutenant and retain you as the commanding officer of U.S.S. Osprey effective immediately. Congratulations, Lieutenant Jhu Harvi." The admiral stood and saluted her, and the shocked Romulan woman, after a second's hesitation, returned the gesture.

Admiral Quinn smiled and sat back down, saying "Go see Mister Telur out in the ring. He should have gotten my memo to have a set of lieutenant's pips waiting for you. And then report to your ship..." Jhu's eyes flashed brightly at the words your ship "We'll be cutting you new orders soon, Lieutenant, as well as sending aboard officer and crew replacements. Get ready, Miss Harvi. You are about to travel down the most terrifyingly wonderful path any Starfleet officer can wish to go down... that of a starship captain. Good luck!"

Lieutenant Jhu Harvi gave the admiral another smart salute. "Yes, sir. And thank you, sir. I won't let you or the Fleet down."

He returned the salute. "I'm sure you won't. Now get to your ship, Miss Harvi. I have work to do here."

She flashed a grin, then did an abrupt about-face and marched out of the office, head high.

Last edited by SilkyDancer on 2012/07/27 1:57:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Devika Sedush
SilkyDancer
Captain

Awarded:

Jhu Harvi (known as Dhael) is the character that I plan to use to get back into Roleplaying. We've gotten a lot of new players recently, and some of them have mentioned in their intros that they are interested in the RP aspect of STO and the TOS Veterans (something we've kinda pushed to the back burner in light of getting cool endgame stuff to do STFs with, and our new Fed/Klink starbases. If anyone would like to try and get the RP going again, give me a buzz and if there is enough who'd like to, maybe we can schedule some regular events. Especially since we have our own location to start things in.

Following is some information about Jhu. This is what I have in my character bio:

Forum Image

Dhael (Rihannsu for "bird in flight") is my rehei. My real name is Jhu Havri. In another time, I would have gone by the name of Jhu i-Rashana t'Llewii. My father is called Deletham, and he was the rianov of Clan Llewii, a minor holding of the noble House of Gilgamma. My mother is called Ael, and she and my father had left their home in Ra'tleihfi on ch'Rihann after my grandfather, K'haeth (hru'Hfirh of the Llewii clan) discovered that my mother had been involved in the underground Unification Movement forty-four years ago. Deletham and Ael fled to Rashana, an agricultural colony in the Bolarus sector.

I was born during the year that Hobus exploded, throwing the Romulan Star Empire into chaos. Although Rashana broke away from the Star Empire and is an independant world, the Tal Shiar have a presence on the planet, and once again my parents were forced to flee when the Romulan intelligence agency discovered my mother's identity. We sought asylum in the Federation, and when I was old enough, I enlisted in Starfleet.

Romulan's can have up to four names. Jhu is her given name. i-Rashana indicates her place of birth, and t'Lleweii reveals that she is a paenhe (daughter) of the Lleweii clan. Dhael means "Soaring Bird" and it is her personal name, like a soul name. Her father, Deletham, was the Weaponmaster before he left the clan, following a heated argument with K'haeth (the Head of the House) because of his wife, Ael. Because of that, and the subsequent escape from the Empire to the Federation, Jhu and her parents use Harvi (which means Nomad) as a last name.
TamReese
Captain

Nice!

And I have to admit that I'm not up on my Romulan culture so it's good to get an education!

Awarded:

Nice bio, Silky!

I remember reading My Enemy My Ally back in high school, and I really loved the way that Diane Duane developed Romulan culture. I'm glad you're running with that, I think it'll make for interesting RP.

Last edited by Melawil on 2012/07/30 9:58:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Cpt_Guthrie
Captain

I believe Skonn and I are on the same page with our disappointment that the Romulans are not a playable faction.
Devika Sedush
SilkyDancer
Captain

Awarded:

I appreciate all the nice comments on my story stuff. Thank you, guys! I do tend to do a lot of research for characters that I develop a story for.

I found an excellent resource for Romulans here

This was really an awesome intro for a character, Silky! (mumbling: now I will have really to work out something for my character...).

A question: is it preferable to create a new character and use it only for RP? I like the idea, but I also am actually too busy (read: lazy) to create a new character and the not use it...

SilkyDancer
Captain

Awarded:

millo1975 wrote:
A question: is it preferable to create a new character and use it only for RP? I like the idea, but I also am actually too busy (read: lazy) to create a new character and the not use it...

I tend to create characters on a whim, even if I put a lot of work into their backgrounds. When I build a character for RP purposes, I don't worry so much about how often I play the character, or how quickly (or slowly) she levels, because I'm not looking to get the character into any endgame stuff.

Of course, I made Dhael before I came up with the idea to do the whole 23rd century group RP thing, so she will (unfortunately) take a backburner to Picollo, but other opportunities may arise to allow me to play her.

Jump to: