View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Dr. Sskarno

re: Anyone Care? Dept:Disney Buys Lucasfilm new movie planned

I know we're all Star TREK fans here but for those that follow both: Star Wars Episode 7 is planned for 2015. No details except that it will be a completely new story and Lucas will not do anything except act as consultant. He apparently got discouraged by fans dislike of the prequels. Keep that in mind the next time you feel like griping about the devs, they have feelings too. I think as long as its better than the prequels it will be ok. As a fun side note, I tried an experiment once with Episode II: skipped the romance scenes and found that not only did the movie still make perfect sense but that it was more like a Star Wars movie LOL

Skonn
Fleet Council

Awarded:

OH NOES! Disney is, like, SO going to ruin Star Wars!

Except, y'know, Lucas beat them to it years ago. Suckers! Him not being involved at this point is a good thing... and even then, I'm sure he's crying all the way to the bank.

Richard Silk
Stuart (speedofheat)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

I think Disney did a stand up job with the Marvel series.. hopefully they will do to the same with Star wars

I `ve read that george lucas will still be working as an advisor for the next movies and they will do one every 2 years, so that sounds not so bad.
One strange thing is that a few years ago he said that he will never give star wars out of his hands, but i guess 4 billion dollars is quite a lot of money ;)...
Dr. Sskarno

I dont remember the exact number but yes, when it gets to billions it IS a LOT of money.

Serevan
Captain

I don't see how they could do worse than.... Star Wars Holiday Special!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXcb7VPw59s

And I agree, they're turning out some good movies with the Avengers series.
DustyAce
Captain

Disney movies, great... ok, everybody ready to listen our babies and lil kids cry the whole movie when the mom of someone is killed or the whole family ripped apart... the lil baby alone in the bambi's forest or nemo's ocean and... adding a happy ending of course!

idk ...Cars2 wasnt so good as Car1, and ToyStory3 was kinda meh... but remembering the level reached by JarJarBins ...Disney cant do it worst than that ...it's done already and cant be worst

who knows... im optimistic, Disney made the greatest villains in the history.... and they're 55% of the movie so... tumbs up!

my very very very humble opinion

EDIT: About online games... club penguin has a perfect design, quality is amazing if you think it's a game for small kids, even there're many funny silly things to do and parent restrictions are really good to keep our kids kinda safe ...now thinking about swtor ...i hope Disney put their hands into mmorpg sw stuff too
Surely they will do better work than EA greedygames
moronwmachinegun
Captain

Awarded:

TRon: Revolution is a pretty darn good series too. Also, the Clone Wars cartoon is not bad, much better than the cheesy GI Joe from when we were kids. It could go right.
mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

If they just used another voice for JarJar it would be watched over and over again in my house. I just hate watching a movie with my thumb on the mute button. Kind of like watching the Spice Girls Movie when there is dialogue.... Or singing ;)

I've watched the first two seasons of the Clone Wars CGI series, and the preceding movie too of course. I thought they were a lot of fun, despite the severe misgivings I had about Asoka. Lucas's involvement in the show was minimal, wasn't it?

Which suggests the franchise has plenty of life left in it, it just needs fresh creative talent on it.

Captain

Awarded:

Sorry to spoil the party, but remember Disney are responsible for that wonderful epic "John Carter".

Fleet Council

Awarded:

I actually really liked John Carter... and knowing how much sci fi that came after owes the John Carter stories for paving the way made it more enjoyable for me. The fault with the film was more marketing than the film itself.

Awarded:

On that same note Ishtar is my favourite comedy of all time! I laughed from beginning to end!

Talia_Rachel wrote:
Sorry to spoil the party, but remember Disney are responsible for that wonderful epic "John Carter".

The film was actually rather faithful to the two books it was taken from, and a lot of the background lore; (IMO they streamlined it a bit). I think the issue was that the film was marketed in a way that made it seem to be something different in regards to how it played out on screen. IE it really wasn't a 'Star Wars style action' film, yet that's how it was marketed with the advertising campaign.

Those books were written around 1917.

Awarded:

Skonn wrote:
OH NOES! Disney is, like, SO going to ruin Star Wars!

Except, y'know, Lucas beat them to it years ago. Suckers! Him not being involved at this point is a good thing... and even then, I'm sure he's crying all the way to the bank.

It's the opinion of many, including myself, that Lucas not being in a decision making position is a GOOD thing for Star Wars... In fact, I've seen many say when Lucas isn't at the helm, things like Empire Strikes Back happen.

Given the recent Avengers and other Marvel movies that have come down and how freaking AWESOME they've been and they have been under the management of Disney as of recent might make a compelling argument for the good that Disney could do for the Star Wars franchise.

Regardless, I'm a Trek and Wars fan, I'm just excited to see another live action Star Wars film in the works and, possibly, a live action Star Wars TV show FINALLY making it's debut on Television in the near future. (it's only been in production for EONS!)

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: