View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard Trent
STO_Armsman
Commodore

re: Season 7 Launch Date is Tues. 11/13/12

There was a post on the STO forums from PWE_Branflakes stating the PC Gamer site had 'exclusive info' regarding STO Season 7 and also revealed the launch date, which is: Tuesday, 11/13/12 (Which is two days sooner than I expected.)

Anyway, here's the link to the PC Gamer site article, which also has a video trailer for Season 7 if you haven't already gone on Tribble to look at Season 7 content:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/09/star-trek-online-season-7-new-romulus-trailer/

Last edited by STO_Armsman on 2012/11/19 10:32:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

re: Re: Season 7 Launch Date is Tues. 11/13/12

STO_Armsman wrote:
There was a post on the STO forums from PWE_Branflakes stating the PC Gamer site had 'exclusive info' regarding STO Season 7 and also revealed the launch date, which is: Tuesday, 11/13/12 (Which is two days sooner than I expected.)

Anyway, here's the link to the PC Gamer site article, which also has a video trailer for Season 7 if you haven't already gone on Tribble to look at Season 7 content:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/09/star-trek-online-season-7-new-romulus-trailer/

LOL Just posted this in the OTHER thread about season 7 you posted in.

Just about to leave from work, but I think I know WHY Season 7 is going out on Tues. 11/13/12 and not Thurs. 11/15/12:

Star Wars the Old Republic is launching it's F2P revamp (and if you think the Cryptic F2P implementation is a money grab, Cryptic honestly has nothing on EA, as EA is CHARGING for extra action bars in the default UI if you don't sub, among various other things, and there's no way at all to earn SWToR store currency in game AT ALL) on Thursday, 11/15/12 - so Cryptic wants to get a two day jump before SWToR launches its F2P version.

(Personally, I don't think STO or Cryptic has anything to worry about with regard to SWToR and its F2P model, because EA really went more with a 'Free to Pay' model - but time will tell.)

Other than the fact that BioWare tells a great story and its fully voiced which helps immersion I honestly think STO is by far the better game. So IMO Cryptic/STO has little to fear from SWTOR. There is a reason SWTOR went from over a million to less than 100k in less than a year.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: