Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Visitor Stateroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Npine
Captain

re: Room for one more?

Greetings!

I just submitted an application, but as it didn't ask me any questions I thought I would say, "Hello." If you need to know anything more about me, please ask.

I was born in that horrible period of history without Star Trek (the second horrible period, not the millions of years before TOS). However, I was raised on TOS, the movies and watched all of TNG in real time. I also watched most of the "things" that followed.

I'm an experienced gamer (a boon of being born in that dark period of no Trek, it coincides with the rise of computer games. Anyone remember having their soul eaten by Daggerfall or an early Wizardry... and coming back for more?) and a veteran of other MMOs. The bulk of my time having been spent selling 8 years of my life to Eve Online. I gave that up as my family/career/life really needed more attention. I've been playing STO casually for awhile and very much enjoy it. I'd like to enjoy it more by having some good people to hang out with. I've look around and you guys/gals seem to fit the bill.

I'm looking to be casual (play time comes and goes but, I am fully willing to do what I'm told), I'm helpful (I love throwing my resources to others or the guild) and I'm fine with voice comms (I may be the unspeaking silent lurker, but see the above comment about taking orders).

TL/DR -- KHAAAAAAAAAN, Old school gamer, retrieved my life from the Eve demon, I love team work.

Good to meet you all!
mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

re: Room for one more?

You look like one of us!

here is the link to the (real) fleet application. Now we have more info on here and if you don't mind filling the rest out it would help to let us know what we need to focus on. Plus some of the council are casual so getting everyone on to review applications is sometimes hard.

http://tosfleet.guildlaunch.com/recruiting/application.php?gid=205090

re: Re: Room for one more?

Npine wrote:

Anyone remember having their soul eaten by Daggerfall or an early Wizardry... and coming back for more?)

Ohhhhh yesssss. I'm a big fan of the Elder Scrolls and Daggerfall was one of the first RPG's that gave you freedom of movement (replacing the block movement of the likes of Eye of the Beholder) although if you didn't want to spend 12 days soldid just walking aimlessly around as town's only generated when you were right next to them you needed to move around using the map. Great times though. Daggerfall holds a special place in my heart!

Bards Tale, Wizardry, Ravenloft: The Stone Prophet, Might & Magic VI and Eye of the Beholder are some of my favourite "old git" games. I think the earliest CRPG game i played was on the old Atari 2600 console and it was called Adventure.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Visitor Stateroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum