Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Fleet Introductions for Diplomats & Ambassadors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KtingaD7
Captain

re: Hello all, norwegian signing in!

Greetings and salutations people!

Just became a member today, happy to be in a fleet this focused on the Trek franchise, warms a trekkies heart
So following proper decorum I will tell you all abit about myself. I am 32, married with 2 kids. Live out in the country with chickens,5 dogs,9 cats, in general a small army of animals.

Registered nurse by profession, specced in psychiatry.

Started watching TOS as a kid along with my dad, he was a sci-fi geek just like me, so was from a early age introduced to all kids of sci fi shows. I have taken over that tradition, I watch TNG with my kids now wink
But trek always have been closest to my heart, still feel nothing comes close to the cast of the original series, the interaction between Kirk,Spock,Chekov and so on is still brilliant today.

I am a wrestler, a martial artist(currently Judo, done many others).

I have a tattoo(I do have several) on my right wrist of the klingon symbol, Quapla in klingon. My wife calls it my geekstamp Its a special tattoo, as it was the first tattoo my friend ever did when he started his apprenticeship.

I have also played a starship captain in the star wreck spinoff twistdrive 2pi(Captain Monsen of the Mælstrøm)Thats where my avatar is from. That was fun twisted

So, I am happy to be here, lets have fun!
Lomax6996

Q'Pla! Love your Forum handle. My Klingon in Qan Mang currently commands a Fleet K'Tinga with the D7 skin so I've a special fondness for it. Always thought it was the 2nd most beautiful ship in the game (just after the TOS Connie and with the TOS Rom BOP running 3rd).
mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

I hope we will not be too dependent on your psychiatry skills. I think we all have our share of issues but we will hold back on them so you don’t feel the need to help us, or help us to help ourselves. “how does that make you feel?” Or if you please in the immortal words of Dr. Sidney Freedman “Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.”

Welcome to the fleet!

Awarded:

re: Re: Hello all, norwegian signing in!

KtingaD7 wrote:

While not entirely neccesary, a good Psychiatrist would be welcomed...
ironhead1982

Welcome to the fleet. Glad to have you here.
chrisroark
Captain

Welcome new guy.
DustyAce
Captain

re: Re: Hello all, norwegian signing in!

Welcome aboard =)

DangerOneDanger wrote:
KtingaD7 wrote:
While not entirely neccesary, a good Psychiatrist would be welcomed...

yeah sure... we're just a bunch of mature people, many of us over our 40's or 50's and roleplaying space captains fighting green martians with guns of light flying our virtual space vessels to save the galaxy... not entirely necesary... yeah sure ¬¬
KtingaD7
Captain

Thanks guys! Well, something can be said for grown men that play starship captains, pretending to saving the galaxy on a regular basis..We rock

Quote:
Q'Pla! Love your Forum handle. My Klingon in Qan Mang currently commands a Fleet K'Tinga with the D7 skin so I've a special fondness for it. Always thought it was the 2nd most beautiful ship in the game (just after the TOS Connie and with the TOS Rom BOP running 3rd).

And I aggree, klingon ship designs have always been a favourite of mine. I would put D7and B'rel BoP 1& 2, with the connie on 3. Honorable mention to TNG´s D'deridex Warbird.

I will admit to never being a huge fan of the galaxy class for TNG, Enterprise looked...wrong.

Anyway, hoping I get invited today so I can talk to you guys live wink
Lomax6996

I was never a fan of the Galaxy class, either. Always looked, to me, like it was taken out of the oven before it was finished baking and the bridge always made me think of a bank lobby (I used to imagine little pens on chains on that wooden console behind Picard, potted plants at either end and Worf asking, "Would you like to open an account with us today?" heheheheheh). However it has grown on me and the STO variant, with a little customizing, is actually quite a sharp looking ship. The one thing that still bugs me is the way the ships keep getting bigger and bigger with more and more crew. With the Galaxy class they became less ships and more like flying cities in space. That makes no sense. Advances in technology would allow you to do the same or better job with a smaller ship and fewer crew... unless Starfleet's slowly evolving into a cruise line to the stars
ironhead1982

The D7 has always been my favorite ship. The only thing I like about the motion picture is the opening scene. I really enjoyed our KDF fleet anniversary when we all used nothing but D7 battle cruisers all day, including doing elite STFs. It was a day of glory for TOS Qan Mang!
DangerOneDanger
Captain

Awarded:

ironhead1982 wrote:
The D7 has always been my favorite ship. The only thing I like about the motion picture is the opening scene. I really enjoyed our KDF fleet anniversary when we all used nothing but D7 battle cruisers all day, including doing elite STFs. It was a day of glory for TOS Qan Mang!

*sigh*
Good times... good times...
Tinra1
Captain

Hi mate!
Welcome and hope you get your ingame invite soon. wink
Lomax6996

ironhead1982 wrote:

Oh, that sounds like a BLAST! Especially if I can bring my Fleet D7 Retrofit... any chance we could do that again soonest??
ironhead1982

I would love to do something like that again soon. However, I don't want to hijack this thread, so I will create a new thread to gauge interest in running something like this.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Fleet Introductions for Diplomats & Ambassadors All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum