View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
jburke4

re: Season 8 release info.

Well Season 8 is coming in May. So far it looks like there will be new content for Klingons form lvl 1-20. Some new Romulan missions possibly episodes, but not playable faction. Some more anti-Tholian missions included in the Romulan content.

http://www.stowiki.org/Upcoming_content

Those of us chomping at the bit for Romulan Playable Faction... Season 10... maybe. They are saying Season 10 should include both Romulan and Cardassian Playable Factions.

Anyone who finds firm information regarding Season 8 can post it and debate it in this thread.

Awarded:

Aren’t they doing the countdown with the Romulan logo on the STO game client? I think that if they were not starting a new faction in 15 days that all hell will break lose. I don’t see what else it could be.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/sto_may2013

The reference in that page for no new factions until season ten is an 'Ask Cryptic' that doesn't even mention season 10. I wouldn't get to wrapped up in most of that.
Richard Silk
Stuart (speedofheat)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

mark (James Bailey) wrote:
Aren’t they doing the countdown with the Romulan logo on the STO game client? I think that if they were not starting a new faction in 15 days that all hell will break lose. I don’t see what else it could be.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/sto_may2013

I think that's 15 days til the announcement ... not the release of season 8...

Awarded:

Stuart (speedofheat) wrote:

I think that's 15 days til the announcement ... not the release of season 8...

That makes sense but I still have a feeling that they will re4lease the Romulans on the 15th and that will not be a part of the season 8 upgrades. Just my pipe dreaming. And do I really want to level another character anyway

Awarded:

Not just level, don't forget reputation as well as building a new SB network. If we have to do that with every new faction Cryptic creates it'll be hell. I'm hoping the new "subfactions" get at least a KDF experience without starbases. Rep would be OK I guess, but leveling 3 new toons in every new faction would be murder. And don't forget there will be new fleet holdings to level up as well. Personally, I think they have the embassy set a little too needy, it was said it was about 1/2 the SB, but I guess they meant the full SB progression! It should be more like 1/4-1/8th IMO.
Ven Rook

To be honest, rather than a faction it wouldn't surprise me to see them add the Romulans as a playable race, available to both KDF and Feds (end of the day, feds and KDF are both involved with helping the Romulans already, so would fit with the current story), along with the ships and new content.

That's just a guess, but I'm just not sure they would spend all that time and money on another faction when most say they haven't even finished the KDF properly yet?

That's just my opinion and conjecture though. But then, I wouldn't take what is written on a 3rd party WIKI as fact either.

Ven

IDK - but for me, personally, I think doing a 3 week countdown to an official announcement is just plain too long. One or maybe at most two weeks would have been better.

Hell, they may even release some new content with the announcement; but I would be surprised if they did that if only because anytime a Dev is asked for a comment on content it's:

"Everyone is heads down working on the May Update..." (Because they're no longer calling it a 'Season Update' as it's larger)

So, given that, I kind of doubt they'd have any extra content ready before May.

But I guess we'll now know in a little over two weeks from now.

Awarded:

the fact of the matter is cryptic hasnt said much of anything one way or the other. stowiki is guessing. they might be educated guesses but they are still guesses.

Awarded:

spot on, if you look at the source material at least one of the posts dates back to 2011

re: ruining theme

it is a running theme on the Internet that people do not read posts for what they are but for what the reader can infer.

If I write something it is exactly what I am writing nothing more and nothing less.

I started this thread to discuss what people think will be in the Season 8 release on or about May of 2013 and what, if any, part the May Romulan teaser will have to do with it.

In that case... I'm thinking Romulans. Either just a bunch of episodes or hopefully a playable faction. (Frankly, the best suggestion I've seen... and I doubt they did this... was a semi-faction. Play a romulan up until level 20-30 and then pick a side).

I'm also thinking that I may buy a few anti-tholian DoFFs and sit on them.
moronwmachinegun
Captain

Awarded:

My bet is that they will publish a re-done KDF tutorial, add a few missions, personalize a few other missions for a more KDF flavor, and call KDF "done". Oh yeah, they will add 2 new KDF costumes, but only for zen.

Then they will release a Romulan mini-faction, starting at L30/40, along with 3 ships, cruiser/science/tac, for Romulans. There will be no fleets/SB/etc for Romulans. They will have access to the STF queues, Romulan mark queues, and a few custom Romulan-only queues to substitute for SB24/etc.

There will be a new Reputation, probably PvP, along with a few new PvP maps (half of which will be broken in some way). PvP marks grinding will cause a massive influx of fresh meat into the PvP queues, causing vets to either laugh maniacally or cry. The constant complaints from the fresh meat about insta-kills will end up getting many things nerfed to where true PvP experts will never die.

They are already talking about a new Character Creator, my bet is they will dumb it down significantly only allowing a few dozen options.

There will be a new SB holding that will require grinding to get hybrid Engineering consoles, which will only be available with rarely used primary abilities such as Biofunction Monitor.
Richard Trent
STO_Armsman
Commodore

I still have no clue what the May Update will ultimately add to STO, but I do have a feeling with regard to the countdown timer; it's related to an announcement and a new FE (which might be added before May, or as part of the final May Update) - and the Romulan text they're now updating every week (it seems as this started last week when the timer went up) are the titles of the FE episodes to come; thus to date we have:

FE Episode 1 title: "March Beneath The Raptor's Wings"
FE Episode 2 title: "Our Shadow Will Dim The Stars"
FE Episode 3 title: "Some Will Fall"

with two more to come.... envy
^^^^
Note: The above is PURE SPECULATION on my part.

STO_Armsman wrote:
I still have no clue what the May Update will ultimately add to STO, but I do have a feeling with regard to the countdown timer; it's related to an announcement and a new FE (which might be added before May, or as part of the final May Update) - and the Romulan text they're now updating every week (it seems as this started last week when the timer went up) are the titles of the FE episodes to come; thus to date we have:

FE Episode 1 title: "March Beneath The Raptor's Wings"
FE Episode 2 title: "Our Shadow Will Dim The Stars"
FE Episode 3 title: "Some Will Fall"

with two more to come.... envy
^^^^
Note: The above is PURE SPECULATION on my part.

I concur with his speculation. From the screens it doesn't seem like a new faction but more episodes.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: