View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skonn
Fleet Council

Awarded:

re: Book Club returns with a BANG as big as the Hobus Supernova!

After many technical issues (and end-of-schoolyear drudgery), Book Club is ready to pick up again next Monday!

"I've never heard of that," I hear you ask, "what is this 'Book Club' anyway?"

Glad you asked! Click right here for a short explanation: http://tosfleet.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9298596&gid=205090

This Monday we'll be taking on something I know many of us have been dying to get to talk about... the newest Trek film, "Into Darkness"!!

Forum Image

Star Trek: Into Darkness

A terrorist attack in the middle of London puts the Federation on high alert! But who's REALLY behind it? Who is John Harrison?

One of the best Trek films ever made, Into Darkness will give us plenty to talk about! THIS is the kind of story Cryptic wishes it could write.

Out for quite awhile, I think everyone who wanted to see the film has had ample time to watch it. We avoided all spoilers in Mumble chat, so now's the time to rant and rave!

It's also a nice time to look back at the start of the so-called "JJverse" by taking another look at 2009's "Star Trek"

Forum Image

Star Trek

When the Hobus Supernova destroys Romulus, and threatens to spread to the Alpha Quadrant, Spock makes a decision that would have severe consequences for all of Trekdom!

A fresh look on an old franchise, Trek remains one of the few retcons/remakes/reboots that actually retains most of the spirit of the original. Loved by some, hated by more, is it really that good/that bad? Let's look back and find out!

So see you next Monday! BE THERE!

Ven Rook

Ouch, hope you plan on wearing your flame proof undies for that one?

Seriously not a topic I'd want to get into with with serious trekies. wink

Ven

Awarded:

I guess I will have to read them both over again. The things I have to do for you guys....

Skonn glad to have you back buddy. I am also happy to see the return of "not a book club" night. Looking forward to seeing you there.
Martin Brody
Commodore

Hey Skonn, good to see you bud!

I will make maximum effort to be around Monday for Not a Book Club. There might be a couple of us that have not been fortunate enough to have seen Into Darkness yet, Greek comes to mind. We will have to politely shoo those guys away before starting.
Vexashen
Vexashen
Fleet Council

Awarded:

you could even use the fancy not a book club channel so people dont go barging in and then screaming SPOILERS!!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Awarded:

Welcome back Skonn!

mark (James Bailey) wrote:
I guess I will have to read them both over again. The things I have to do for you guys....

I have not attempted to read the novelization of Into Darkness. I only saw it three times and I'll explain why Monday night, if I can make it.

Did you actually read the books? I read Star Trek 0 and was disappointed. The novel was taken from an early draft of the screenplay which included tons of technobabble and exposition that would have dragged the pace of the film down until everyone but diehard fans would have fallen asleep. I would like to personally thank whoever wielded the pen that slashed all that out and gave us the film I saw seven times on the big screen.

Jump to: