Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Visitor Stateroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
misterder
Captain

re: Application to TOS Veterans

I am hoping to get approved soon, because I want to know from the 400+ characters here if it's possible for a TOS Constitution class ship to NOT get killed in PVE and PVP space combat. I am grinding out the Personal Duty Roster jobs that involve ship improvements and maintenance, and have monkeyed around with the duty positions in space combat, but still get clobbered by Gorns, Nausicaans, Borg, and old ladies in electric Rascals. I refuse to wear TNG or current uniforms, so I'm really glad this fleet exists. I seldom see TOS toons running around the game. When are most of you online??

Sincerely,
Mister Der
mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

I am sure that some people here can help you out but it is hard to stay alive after Captain without some divine intervention. If we ALL are dreaming about a T-5 connie... Some members fly the movie connie and it gets you further and the Excelsior is as close to a T-5 connie than you can ger... so far.

I would say a majority of our fleet are in EST but there are a lot of us on the west coast and in the UK.

As for your application we need a number of council members to review every application and the rest of them are in your time zone.

The Excelsior is about the most viable endgame "Connie" descendant you'll find in game. Sadly the TOS Connie is an entry level cruiser only that you outgrow almost immediately. After that it's really only a vanity vessel. I still use mine, very occasionally, for Tour The Galaxy runs. It's great for that. I'm CST (The Goddess' own Paradise, Texas) and am usually on from about 11:30 PM to 2:30 AM Friday/Sat/Sun/Mon... Tue/Wed/Thur I can be found online just about anytime. My characters aren't always in TOS uniforms (creativity is one of the big attractions of any MMO, after all) but usually am. I prefer uniform options that are either rankless or show "scrambled eggs" on the sleeve. Pips on the collar or breast is a bit too military for my tastes. Once in the Fleet you'll be able to go to your Fleet menu and check the Roster and see who is on. Just shout out... this is a VERY friendly and helpful buncha folks and you'll often find yourself swamped with replies heheheheh (provided they're not all fighting for their virtual lives at that moment). In advance of your approval lemme say "Welcome Aboard!" While you're waiting you'll find the visitor's lounge well stocked. There's croissants and Raktajino, Coffee and Tea and some zesty Andorian puffer cakes. Help yourself.

P.S. Having said that about the TOS: Connie I have to acknowledge that people DO still play with them well in to endgame. I was in an Elite Infected Space STF ( PUG) not long ago where someone brought a TOS: Connie. They didn't really contribute anything in the way of firepower but, surprisingly, they were quite resilient. I don't think he went *POP* once during the run... and he was always right in the thick of the battle. Of course he was probably pulling so little DPS that it was like a gnat assaulting an Elephant... so he may have been drawing very little return fire... still, it was funny. He kept typing (in Team Chat window) "CONNIES RULE!". We failed the optional but did win the event. Needless to say the other team members were NOT as amused as I was - ROFLMAO
misterder
Captain

I can't wait to log in after work today and see what Fleet Life is like!
mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

I won't be on until after 9:30 EST so if someone Could one of the officers with the appropriate clearance slip him an invite and then invite to Mariner10 Fleet Chat.

Mister Der@mister-der

Thank you!

I have sent a apply with the "fill in form" and wonder how it going? :)

mark (James Bailey)
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Odysseuz wrote:

I have sent a apply with the "fill in form" and wonder how it going? :)

Hey Per! We sent you an online invite to the website but when I went in-game it said that Rudolf Gaylord@Buddy_Holly was already in a fleet. I did send you a Mariner10 invite as well so if you accept you can chat with the rest of the fleet. We use the Mariner10 Chat rather than the Fleet Chat b/c we have the Klingon fleet members as well.

Last edited by mark (James Bailey) on 2013/11/18 1:59:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

mark (James Bailey) wrote:

Hey Per! We sent you an online invite to the website but when I went in-game it said that Rudolf Gaylord@Buddy_Holly was already in a fleet. I did send you a Mariner10 invite as well so if you accept you can chat with the rest of the fleet. We use the Mariner10 Chat rather than the Fleet Chat b/c we have the Klingon fleet members as well.

Thanks!

Richard Trent
STO_Armsman
Commodore

As everyone know, I'm a TOS fan, first and foremost; but with regards to the ship that's near enough in looks and function to what I'd consider for a T5 Connie; I wouldn't go with the "Flying Bathtub" (aka an Excelsior Class as IMO it's still one of the ugliest ships in Trek - IMO followed closely by that modern art monstrosity - for the 1980ies at least - known as the 1701-D)...You want a T5 Connie that to me looks enough like a Connie, and works well in game?

Use the 24th century era (Fleet version) T5 Ambassador Class.

(Hell, if they'd approved that as the 'Hero' ship fopr TNG, I might have like TNG a little more.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum