Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> Fleet Introductions for Diplomats & Ambassadors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrayfoxJames
Diplomat

re: Liberty Task Force Proposed Alliance

Dear TOS Veterans,

My name is Jose Garcia a.k.a. Grayfox, Fleet Admiral of Liberty Task Force www.libertytaskforce.com and I come to you with open arms. About a month or so ago I wanted to start a new fleet and posted on the STO forums. One of your members kindly said that if this didn't go through I could always join with you guys. I have not forgotten that friendship and therefore come to you with a proposal.

I have read every single one of the topics under the "Fleet Introductions for Diplomats & Ambassadors" and have also looked at your "Alliances" link. I've noticed that the United Fleet Coalition website appears to be no more and their STO forum post is over a year old.

Therefore, I come to you with my own alliance. Liberty Task Force is not even a month old, yet you will see from our site that we are up and running. We have 70 members, half that are already active on our website. Our Starbase is on a countdown to Tier II, we have completed every single Special Limited Time Starbase and Embassy project; that's over 4,000,000 dilithium in under a month. Please, do not take this the wrong way, I do not say these things to brag at all, but I must defend our infancy against other well established STO fleets.

I propose a friendly alliance where each member of TOS Veterans and Liberty Task Force can gain "Diplomatic/Dignitary" status on each others forums. Also, perhaps a private in-game alliance chat channel between the two fleets. The planning and participation between our two fleets in PvE runs like Elite STF's and friendly PvP competitions and if interested an RP dialogue for those that enjoy it. Furthermore, if everything goes well even a combined Mumble Voice Server for both our fleets. As time goes on, perhaps even propose one member of each fleet to have an alternate with limited access in the other fleet in order to help with contributions and donating items to each other's fleet banks in times of great need between the fleets.

In either case, I don't want to make this message too long, in fear of losing your attention, nevertheless, if any of this sounds remotely interesting to you guys than please feel free to contact me directly at to my online e-mail at Info@LibertyTaskforce.com also my in-game handle is Grayfox@GrayfoxJames you can friend me there.

I look forward to hearing from you guys and perhaps forming a long and true alliance that will last for a very, very long time. Thank you very much for your time and your patience in reading this. Take care.

Best Regards,
-Jose a.k.a. Grayfox
Liberty Task Force Admiral
www.libertytaskforce.com
Info@LibertyTaskForce.com
Lomax6996

I can't speak to the proposed Alliance (that's for the High Council) but it does sound to me like a grand idea. However I do wanna say that I love the name of your fleet. Any Task Force devoted to the cause of Liberty gets MY vote! wink
GrayfoxJames
Diplomat

re: Thank you for the vote of confidence.

Thank you for the vote of confidence. Also thank you for liking our fleet name Happy. I think it's just something that everyone, regardless of race or nationality can relate to. Plus, it's sort of trying to tie into our future RP within our own fleet. We haven't really gotten started on the whole RP though.

Hopefully, I'll hear from your High Council soon and perhaps some friendly talks and terms can be ironed out in the coming days or weeks. Take care.

P.S. I like to consider myself a smart and well rounded individual...but your captcha thing had me stumped for like 4 or 5 tries :D

Best Regards,
Jose a.k.a. Grayfox

Hello Grayfox, Congatulations on your new fleet! I'm one of the Council members and we normally hold a weekly Council meeting on Mondays. Your proposal has merit and we will discuss it at our next meeting and get back with you. I'm sure we both will have more questions. With it being Memorial Day in the USA tomorrow, it may not happen this week.

Qapla'

GrayfoxJames
Diplomat

re: Sounds good.

Sound good. Take your time, there is no rush. I'm sure if we consider this it will take some time to iron all the details anyway.

Also just for my curiosity, The United Fleet Coalition is no more right because I swear I searched online for the website to no avail and also the in-game chats appear to be dead. I could be wrong. Thanks again for your time.

Awarded:

Greetings Grayfox! Congradulations on getting your fleet up and running. That can sometimes be the hardest part... Also, I have to agree with Lomax, great fleet name

Capt. Jerry wrote:
Hello Grayfox, Congatulations on your new fleet! I'm one of the Council members and we normally hold a weekly Council meeting on Mondays. Your proposal has merit and we will discuss it at our next meeting and get back with you. I'm sure we both will have more questions. With it being Memorial Day in the USA tomorrow, it may not happen this week.

Qapla'

I am also a Council Member and just want to add to what Capt. Jerry said...
You can apply to our fleet as a Diplomat from another fleet. That way it will be brought to the attention of the whole Council and we can learn a little about you Happy

That app can be found here:

http://tosfleet.guildlaunch.com/recruiting/signup.php?destination=%2Frecruiting%2Fapp_application.php%3Fgid%3D205090%26sid%3D07a31d37a483b7d47e0154c92dec2a77&mode=apply_next

Just make sure you apply as a Diplomat. As soon as we can talk about it, and we get your app, we'll get right back to you

Qapla'!

Dahar Master Myr'Sendri (KDF main, Tac DPS'er)

Diplomacy is the fine art of saying "Nice Doggy" while finding a big stick....

Illigitimi Non Carborundum!
GrayfoxJames
Diplomat

I've submitted the form, though I could have sworn I had to do that before I could post in the first place, but I did it again anyway. Hope this helps. You can always reach me directly at my e-mail Info@LibertyTaskForce.com if you need any other information. Thanks again, take care.

Awarded:

re: Re: Sounds good.

Jose:
Good to see you again. I was the one that contacted you on the STO forums and offered you my hand (so to speak) Good to see you on teh Mariner 10 starbase.
GrayfoxJames wrote:
Also just for my curiosity, The United Fleet Coalition is no more right because I swear I searched online for the website to no avail and also the in-game chats appear to be dead. I could be wrong. Thanks again for your time.

The United Fleet Coalition just closed its doors last week. It was run by a small group with 15 or more fleets being a part of it. I found it quite helpful and a great group of people. The problem was all the work involved is running it when we all had our own fleets to work on. It seemed to be too taxing for the leaders. There is another association that came from it but i think it is more of a Teamspeak sharing. My kudos go out to PATHFINDER for working so hard and hosting the coalition. They will be missed.

Hey Mark nice to see you again. It's a shame about the coalition. I wish I could have seen the site and learned more about what it was all about. One of my Vice Admirals knows Pathfinder but has been out of touch with the game for awhile and has just come back so we didn't know what happened.

I guess my idea might have been similar to the coalition but perhaps on a minor scale. Simple things like the one stated above. Shared chat, scheduled events, etc. I was trying to work more with small to medium sized fleets as some larger ones can get messy I guess. You guys just seemed to be very active and friendly and just normal :-). While our core of players ranges from mid 20's to mid 40's or so we do have a few older and younger.

We are laid back but at the same time do not tolerate disrespect. I was lucky enough to recruit a closed-beta player, a graphics game designer, and someone who knows how to work with server setups. So while still small we are well on our way.

I see you guys are big on PvP, we have some descent PvPers but have not set up a 3 or 5 man team up.

I guess in my mind I have some grand plans for my fleet, not in being the biggest but one of the most influential in the game. Perhaps if all works out our fleets can work together. O.K. That's all for me...as you can tell I like to write :-D

PS I'm guessing we should probably start moving this conversation to the other Diplomaric Forum of yours no?

Take care.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum