View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elric71
Fleet Council

Awarded:

re: Alts in the TOS Veterans

Hello all,

As many of you know, I am the Councillor in charge of promotions/Kickings. This week, while I was doing my weekly roster maintenance, I noticed that the TOS Veterans fleet is getting rather close to the max allowed characters of 500. Due to this, at our Council Meeting this past Monday, we decided that it is time to thin out the ranks a little.

In that vein, we wanted to start by asking you, the wonderful members of our great fleet, to go through all your alts in the fleet. If you no longer play them, and have no intention of playing them anymore, can you please drop the alt from TOS Veterans. If at a later date, you wish to start playing that alt again, we will be more than happy to re-invite that alt. We would like to open up some space so if we get new members, we don't have to worry about not having the space to allow them to join.

I want to add, especially with all the new Romulan alts being created, that we will still be happy to add alts to the fleet. We just want to cut off the "dead weight" so to speak. I myself even deleted 4 characters from the fleet, so the Council is not exempt.

Also, we are changing the current policy on inactive alts. Until this week, we were not deleting characters until they were inactive for a year. That number is being changed to 6 months. This week on Tuesday, 25 June 2013, I will be kicking all alts that have not been signed into in over six months. Remember, I am only kicking alts, not kicking you, the players, out of the fleet. If you want to keep specific alts in the fleet, make sure you sign into them by Monday night, 24 June 2013.

I would like to say again, if you want an alt back in the fleet, we will be happy to reinvite them. This action is being taken to make room on our Roster, not as any kind of disciplinary action or punishment.

Thank you for your time,

Aaron (Selenia@Elric71) & the TOS Veterans Council

Dahar Master Myr'Sendri (KDF main, Tac DPS'er)

Diplomacy is the fine art of saying "Nice Doggy" while finding a big stick....

Illigitimi Non Carborundum!
Ven Rook

Done.

I only had 2 alts that I don't play that often in the fleet though, so not sure how much it will help.

Ven

I'm guessing that TOS: Veterans is the only one feeling the squeeze... not Qan Mang?
Elric71
Fleet Council

Awarded:

Thanks Ven! Every little bit helps Happy

You are correct Lomax, only the TOS Vets are feeling the crunch. TOS Qan Mang is still fine...I think there are only around 180 alts in that fleet Happy

Qapla'!

Paladin
Paladin13
Captain

I have a fleet that I have a few of my farming alts in. No projects., etc. If you want your alts to join (to avoid spam invites) send a message to
Hannah Montana@hooperscooper.

(Council, if this is inappropriate, let me know and I will remove this post)

I'll log in quickly & pull an alt now.
Would any be willing to quickly form a TOS Auxiliary fleet - I'm thinking also projects & marks here - for our castoffs?
If it ain't Shatner Trek, it ain't Star trek.
Elric71
Fleet Council

Awarded:

chrisroark wrote:
I'll log in quickly & pull an alt now.
Would any be willing to quickly form a TOS Auxiliary fleet - I'm thinking also projects & marks here - for our castoffs?
If it ain't Shatner Trek, it ain't Star trek.

Hey Chris, if your playing the alt, don't worry about taking it out of the fleet. This was just to get non-played alts out to free up space for new members or for newly made Romulans. As for an auxillary fleet, lemme talk to the rest of the Council about it....We may be able to help you out there.....

Qapla'!

Binar729
Captain

I'm a fairly new member and was under the impression that there were/are other fleets in the TOS Fleet family- according to this post...

http://tosfleet.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8835251&p=31982984&gid=205090#31982984

Afaik, there's only TOS Vets and Qan Mang?

It mentions "themes" such as "TNG Veterans", "ENT Veterans". Is that the case? If not, perhaps designate a fleet for alts in particular, say for example "TOS Reservists" or something like that.

I think I read a dev post regarding banding of fleets at some point to exceed the fleet member cap - or its just wishful thinking. Not sure if there's some tech limitation for 500?
Elric71
Fleet Council

Awarded:

You are correct, Binar, we do have other "fleets". Those fleets were created to hold all possible variations of "___ Veterans". We really have not talked about the option of opening them up to alts. I personally don't think it's a bad idea...but...We are a Council and no one of us has the power to open up those fleets for members.

None of those fleets has any members other than a "token" single member to keep the fleet open. We have used them in the past for fleet bank overflow storage. Now we just have to at least chat, as a Council, about opening up those fleets for alt overflow

As soon as we can do that, there will be another post in here with the details.

Qapla'!

Aaron

Red
_Red_
Captain

I have a Fed Alt and a Romulan Alt that are not in the fleet. If they stay out of the fleet to allow space for new members etc(more than happy to help!), can these alts still participate in fleet activities i.e pvp or pve?

Vexashen
Vexashen
Fleet Council

Awarded:

If you want to play the alts than by all means add them to the fleet. If you dont want to play a toon anymore we ask that you take it out of the fleet so that we may add new members / alts that are being played. But again. If you want to play the alt KEEP IT IN THE FLEET.

Awarded:

I could easily shift two Feds to another Fleet to make room for new folks.

I'd like to reverse the question and ask, what does a toon lose by not being a member of TOSV? As long as I have one toon in each Fleet I'm curious what the downside is.

Awarded:

Quadrofonic wrote:
I could easily shift two Feds to another Fleet to make room for new folks.

I'd like to reverse the question and ask, what does a toon lose by not being a member of TOSV? As long as I have one toon in each Fleet I'm curious what the downside is.

After last weekend's situation, we've decided to close the recruitment doors for a while. I went through and purged all characters that hadn't been logged into for over six months and that brought our total back down under 400 characters in the fleet.

Between these two actions, I think we'll be ok for a while. Thanks to all who removed alts, btw, it's much appreciated. As to your last question, Quad, the biggest downside is not having access to fleet equipment and also random fleet invites as you are motoring around ESD/DS9/K-7/Drozana/New Romulus. As I said in the original post, we can reinvite alts if the owner so desires.

Anyway, thanks again all,

Qapla'!

chrisroark
Captain

I dutifully withdrew 4 alts from TOS Veterans. Vex was good enough to reinstate one.
I ask Council to activate TAS Veterans & ENT Veterans.
Thank you for any consideration,
C
Vexashen
Vexashen
Fleet Council

Awarded:

We have no plans to bring any other fleets online as it would just draw resources away from the 2 fleets we do opperate

Jump to: