View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Ven Rook

re: New Cryptic poll: what series' content do you want?

Pretty sure that already happened in canon. Did Rom not join starfleet during DS9? The first of many to realise that there is more to life than profit and aquisition. Continuing down that storyline would be entirely a natural progression.

That's the thing, in canon most races sooner or later realise "the error of their ways" and a revolution begins, softening their natures. Even Klingons dip in and out of this, and the Cardasians have already otherthrown the obsidian order and joined the federation pretty much...

So I say go BACK in time and have more time travel content. War with the Xindi anybody? :D Or how about some ructions with the Suliban cabal? The latter would fit nicely given their interaction with the temporal coldwar etc.

Ven

Awarded:

I wouldn't really call Rom a model Ferengi, at all. His pa wasn't even that much of a Ferengi, either. That STO says the Ferengi joined the Federation as "dual citizens" does not make it canon, in my book, any more than STO saying most Romulans "just want to get along" makes it real.

Saying an entire species is moving completely against their core values because of one character, canon or not, is a bit much. Will all Borg be disconnected from the Collective because Seven of nine got away? Will all Vulcans turn emotional and mate with humans because T'Pol went down that road? Even in the case of the Klingons, throughout Trek canon, only Worf joined Starfleet. Out of his entire race.

What I mean to say is, if you want to take a canon race and strip it of all that makes it what it is, why bother? Make up your own species. I'm sure I speak for many a Romulan fan when I say I didn't picture wanting to play a farmer who has a whiney first officer who's "sick of the nasty nasty Tal'Shiar, boo hoo hoo".

Mobius said it best, the Cardassians rock because they're half spy half alien. I'd argue that the Romulans were right up there as Trek's premiere spies... and look at them now, if we're to believe STO.

NO TO GOODY TWO-SHOES CARDASSIANS!

Bottle0rum
Captain

I voted TOS, because of...

THE COSTUMES!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TOS Veterans Fleet Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: